Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Responding to issues with remote scrolling quickly

Jump to solution

Hi @Mickeyrg,

Thanks for posting to the Roku Community!

We're happy to assist you with your remote. Are you using a Roku remote? If you are, you can follow these steps:

1. Remove the power cable from your streaming device.
  2. Wait at least 5 seconds.
  3. Re-connect the power cable.
  4. Wait for your streaming device to power and the Home screen to appear on your TV screen.
  5. Put your voice remote into pairing mode within 30 seconds of seeing the Home screen on your TV screen.

Put your voice remote in pairing mode:

1. Press and hold the pairing button on your voice remote for 20 seconds. The status light should slowly flash green, stop, and then flash rapidly. Release the pairing button when this happens, and your remote will restart.
  2. Press and hold the pairing button for 5 seconds or until you see the status light begin to flash. Charge your remote or change the batteries if the light does not flash.
  3. Wait 30 seconds while the remote establishes a connection with your streaming device.

You can also check out this link here on how to fix your Roku voice or simple remote that is not working.

Let us know if this works for you.

All the best,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ALRN

Jump to solution

OMG thank you. Restarting the system this way fixed the remote control issue. @TLA111 

0 Kudos
dawnkitty
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Yes TLA111 ty so much this has been happening for like the last week.  RESTART WORKED...Settings/System/Power/System Restart 

0 Kudos
Pepi
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I just had this happen to my TV and did the same steps, by going to the Home screen and clicking on Settings/System/Power/System Restart but then after those, I unplugged the TV and pressed and held the power button on the TV NOT the remote for 15-20 seconds. Plugged it back in and TV on and everything is working fine so far.

0 Kudos
Png0210
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Shouldn’t be listed as the “solution.” It is a quick fix until Roku sorts out why it’s happening. 

0 Kudos
Pepi
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

With electronics, there is always a chance for a glitch, so I have no problem saying it is a solution for now. What if it never happens again? If it consistently reverts back, then yes it is a temporary fix until the come out with a permanent fix. At least it stopped doing it, that is a win in my book for now. Call it what you want.

0 Kudos
Pwttx
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you!!!  This worked for me too!

0 Kudos

Re: Can't click on a channel; they scroll quickly around

Jump to solution

We had this problem and figured out the ROKU box is overheating due to using it with DSL.  It's not designed for that.  I unplugged it and let it cool down and now it works fine.  We will be installing a heatsinker to our 2nd ROKU box (we've already solved the recurring problem with TV #1).  That should resolve your "channel skipping" problem too.  Good luck.

0 Kudos
Stormey12
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have multiple ROKUs and I am encountering the scroll and slobber across the screen problem

'Some TVs are old smart TVs the best TV is a many year old plasma screen that is no longer available.

Roku has a problem , it is probably software, reset does not always eliminate the annoying problem.

with so many users having the same or similar experience you might think that ROKU would investigate and develop a solution

another side effect on one TV is the picture is shifted so that 1/2 of the  entire Roku presentation is not visible.

Any other thoughts from someone??

0 Kudos
RokuAnjelie
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Stormey12,

Thank you for posting here in the Roku community!

We want to gather more information about the issue you're running into. Can you please give us more details regarding the issue you're having so we can further assist you:

• Roku device model, serial number, Device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID)
  • Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing
  • When did you start seeing this issue occur

Once we have this information, we can pass it along to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation. We are looking forward to your response.
Thanks,
Anjelie

Anjelie A.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos