Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Shols
Reel Rookie

Re: Brand new Roku Remote - right arrow not responding

I have tried everything. There's nothing we can do when it's just the right arrow not responding. All other buttons are working. Unfortunately, this is the second remote of Roku I am having that is having issues. The first one that came with the tv, the buttons were not even responding at all. I use my phone to control the TV but it's not convenient. I am not eager to buy a new remote as this seems like a general issue with Roku remotes.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

We're grateful to have you here in the Roku Community, @Shols!

Firstly, we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. No worries! We'd be more than happy to further assist you with your remote concerns. 

Kindly keep an eye out on your inbox as we will be sending you a Private Message to gather more personal information so we can proceed to the next step. 

We'll be anticipating your response!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
mhag
Channel Surfer

I'm trying to reply to a private message to any one of the Roku customer service agents but the forum software is kicking out an error saying that I've already somehow passed my limit on private messages. 🤷

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @mhag,

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community!

We will be more than happy to assist you further. Can you please send us a photo or screenshot of the error message that you are getting? Have you tried checking out your inbox?

We'll wait for your response.

Thanks,                                                                                                                                                  John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
keno13
Reel Rookie

I am having the same problem with a 4 month old remote.  I can get the right arrow to work pushing real hard.  My wife and mother in law cannot.

What can I do?

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @keno13,

Greetings from the Roku Community, and thanks for flagging this issue with us!

We will be more than happy to investigate further this problem that you're having with the Roku remote. May we know what Roku device you are using right now? (Roku Express, Roku streaming stick, Roku Ultra, Roku streambar, Roku TV-Specify)

We'll wait for your response.

Thanks,                                                                                                                                                John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
mhag
Channel Surfer

I managed to get one message to send. After that, I got the red message shown below. 

Screenshot 2024-02-26 at 6.02.03 PM.png

0 Kudos
mhag
Channel Surfer

Not only is the right arrow button still broken, but private messaging on this forum is also broken. 

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @mhag,

Thank you for raising this issue directly with us!

We have sent you a private message here in the Roku Community. Kindly check your inbox.

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks,                                                                                                                                                John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
mhag
Channel Surfer

I managed to get one response to send to the roku agent. I wanted to also send a picture to help identify the remote but the forum blocked me from sending a second message. 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.