Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
officer

(3820X) 4K Stick remote responsive on one TV, very low responsiveness on others

My streaming stick works fine on my Samsung 720p TV at home, but when I bring it with me when staying at hotels, their TVs, usually 4K, it will come on as normal, but that's where functionality virtually stops. Strangely, there's no sign of sluggish animations (e.g. transitions between screens, intro animation). They all play at normal speed. The core problem seems to be that there's almost no acknowledgement of pressing buttons on the remote. It will process a button click every 1 in 30 presses or so. Sometimes it will actually process more than one inputs in a row, but then go right back to low responsiveness. I've tried plugging the USB power into the TV and into the wall sockets. I travel a lot and this is starting to get on my nerves.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: (3820X) 4K Stick remote responsive on one TV, very low responsiveness on others

Welcome, and thank you for posting here in the Roku Community, @officer!

I appreciate you reaching out for support about the responsiveness of your Roku remote paired to your Roku Streaming Stick 4K. I'd be happy to suggest some troubleshooting steps to help you.

In this case, can you please confirm if you've successfully paired the remote to your Roku player? Also, does changing the batteries make any difference? 

In the meantime, we can try resetting your remote by pressing and holding the Back and Home buttons simultaneously for about 20 seconds and then pair it again to see if this works.

I'll be looking forward to your response.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.