Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RemoteShooter
Channel Surfer

2nd Remote Started Failing a Month+ ago...

I bought an Express 4K+ back on Oct. 13 2022 JUST so that I could get a new remote control.

Now, this new remote is failing too (side volume control stopped working over a month ago. Now the controller appears to have a intermittent "power failures" periodically since even when it is not being touched by anyone, the upper right of the TV will flash the "full battery" symbol periodically, just like when you put fresh batteries into the remote.). Sometimes, when you want to work the remote, it is in "power failure mode" and you have to tap at the buttons to make it come back alive again (with the above "full battery indicator" being displayed in the TV's up-right corner again, letting you know the remote "might" semi-work once again).

My old, heavy, original, ear-jack equipped RF Roku remote STILL works to this day, but on a different TV.

I don't have any kids at home anymore so my wife and I are the only mid-50's adults which use the Roku remotes at all.

Why are these things such pieces of junk? And, since I can justifiably assume that we are not the only people who can attest to the newer remotes being so junky, WHY is getting a warranty replacement for a remote on the Roku company webpage so INCREDIBLY DIFFICULT?!? Roku could use a lesson on customer support! ANY support would be an improvement!

Or, is the whole idea to make it so difficult to get help, it will force people into just BUYING NEW "STUFF" because that is so much less of a hassle?!?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RemoteShooter
Channel Surfer

Re: 2nd Remote Started Failing a Month+ ago...

WoW!

So, I get contacted by Amazon, where I got the newest 4k+ from (which I bought just for the remote).

I'm pretty sure I talked to an A.I. "woman" in an online "chat" there.

It's all kinda creepy....

Does Amazon own Roku now?

0 Kudos
RemoteShooter
Channel Surfer

Re: 2nd Remote Started Failing a Month+ ago...

I must have my invisible paint on again....

Is this thing on?

0 Kudos