Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rxman5

2 remotes needed to activate Roku

Since newest lg software update need to select Roku HDMI 4 with lg remote after turning on lg tv with Roku remote. After a few minutes Roku will appear if Roku HDMI 4 is not selected with the lg remote. Help please- would like to use only the Roku remote.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: 2 remotes needed to activate Roku

Sorry, I'm not quite following your issue. LG had a software update on your TV, and now what is not working that used to work?

I have an LG TV (Nano85) and using the Roku remote will cause the TV (and my AVR) to change to the correct inputs when I press the home button on the Roku remote. The volume is controlled via CEC, which is labeled One-Touch Play in the Roku settings menu. CEC also has to be enabled in your TV. It's possible the LG update switched CEC off in the LG settings. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.