Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Remote won’t pair. Green flashing light won’t come on.

@Adil21

Thanks for the post.

Please be aware that the warranty period for warranty replacement is one year within the purchase date of the product.

For more information about RMAs with your device, visit our Support page here: Step by step instructions for returns and warranty replacements

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Gina-a
Reel Rookie

Re: Remote won’t pair, no flashing green light

Did you ever figure this out? I’m experiencing the exact same thing. It’s a new device, this is the first battery switch and now the controller appears dead. The pairing light won’t come on, I’ve tried all the reset instructions many times 

0 Kudos
Adil21
Reel Rookie

Hi Gina,

I ended up buying a new remote, and kept the same device.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hi @Gina-a

Thanks for the post.

Please reply here with the serial number of the Roku device associated with the affected remote. It can be found at the back or underneath the player itself. I'll be able to further assist you from there.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Gina-a
Reel Rookie

The SN is SO8Y41C33M9V, model 3820x

I’ve only had it about 3 months 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

@Gina-a

Thanks for the prompt response.

I have forwarded your concern and information to our team. I'd recommend keeping an eye on your email since they'll be reaching out to you from there.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
dydy530
Reel Rookie

Yes! It was so stupid. It ended up being the batteries! Lit.hium batteries do not work in the remotes and that's what I had. I only figured this out after getting another remote and that one also not work. Changing the battery type was the last thing I thought of, and it was an instant fix. 

0 Kudos
silver1419
Reel Rookie

Help remote will not pair

I am having this exciting issue.  Batteries died after 2.5 months of use and after I changed them I cannot get it to pair.  I have tried everything.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Help remote will not pair

@silver1419

Thanks for the post. 

We would recommend taking a look at the troubleshooting steps provided by our Support pages here:

Fix your remote
Pair your voice remote

Please keep us posted what you find out and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
silver1419
Reel Rookie

Re: Help remote will not pair

I have tried everything that is listed spent many hours trying to figure this out.  Even had a friend attempt it for me. Still nothing is pairing. 

0 Kudos