Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rfteng3943
Reel Rookie

Change Roku Premiere+ w/voice remote change TV Input sources

Jump to solution

I want to use the Roku voice remote to control TV and Roku Premier+. I have HDMI-CEC on. When I turn on Roku, TV and Roku comes on. But there is no Input button or a programatic way for me to set a button to change input/sources. I want to change input sources between HDMI 1, 2, 3, 4 etc. How do I do that?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Change Roku Premiere+ w/voice remote change TV Input sources

Jump to solution

@rfteng3943 

Thanks for the post.

Roku device remotes will be unable to change the input source on your TV. Your TV remote will only be able to do that.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@rfteng3943 

Thanks for the post.

Roku device remotes will be unable to change the input source on your TV. Your TV remote will only be able to do that.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Robertbr

Jump to solution

Please add an input source button to future Roku remotes.  That's all the voice remote needs to be an excellent remote!

Thanks, 

Bob

EmiM
Reel Rookie

ONN. Roku TV REMOTE change TV Input source

Jump to solution

My ONN. ROKU TV Came only with a ROKU Remote and it does not have an INPUT BUTTON. No other TV remote I have works with the ROKU TV. I am plugged into HDMI 1 with ROKU TV and Kinetic  TV on HDMI 2 port but the REMOTE will not change to watch it. I have checked the home screen buttons as well. 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: ONN. Roku TV REMOTE change TV Input source

Jump to solution

Go into the Settings and add the inputs to the Home Screen.  I don't recall exactly where it is.  Once you add them to the Home Screen you select the tile for the input just like you'd select a Roku channel/app.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
EmiM
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Renojim— Thank you for your answer. There is no “Input” that I could find  to be added. I also sent an email to ROKU Support, but have not received a reply. So I am grateful you are trying to help. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@EmiM 

Thanks for the post.

Have you have tried going into Settings > TV Inputs? What do you see in there? You should be able to see the available inputs on your TV and if you don't already have them on your Home screen, you can add them from there.

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ASDC

Jump to solution

I was surprised and disappointed to see this message listed as "Solved" where the "solution" is "Roku device remotes will be unable to change the input source on your TV. Your TV remote will only be able to do that."

I would much prefer an answer from Roku that says "not currently, but since we have already added IR-based power, volume, and mute controls for non-Roku TVs, it will be straightforward to add this important, much-requested capability on our next generation remotes -- look for it in n months...".

I have a ROKU 4k Streaming stick on a Non-Roku TV that also has inputs for a PC and two RCA-based gaming devices.  Since the gaming inputs are RCA they are not susceptible to HDMI auto-switching, (and, turning on the PC just to tell the TV to switch the Input is makes no sense).  Since it is a non-Roku TV, there is no Roku Input App. 

So now I have to always juggle multiple remotes to switch back-and-forth between Roku and my other devices.  Please just add the additional IR code Input button for all of us non-Roku TV owners. 

Thank you.

0 Kudos
renojim

Jump to solution

@ASDC, it's very unlikely they'll add a button to the remote for changing inputs, but you never know.  There is "1-touch play" under Settings->System->Control other devices that will get some TVs to switch inputs when you press a button on your Roku remote.  It also seems to cause some TVs to turn on in the middle of the night, so be aware of that.

There's a place for suggestions:

Suggest a Feature | Roku Community | Roku

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee

Jump to solution

@ASDC 

You could add something like the Sideclick to your Roku remote, teach it the tv input command or anything else missing.

Amazon.com: Sideclick Universal Remote Attachment for Roku Streaming Player (New Model) : Electronic...

Edmund

0 Kudos