Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MBJ10
Reel Rookie

Roku Premiere insufficient power

My Roku Premiere is displaying 'Insufficient power' error. I have it plugged into the provided USB charger. I have tried two different outlets and multiple USB ports. This thing is 4 months old. I can't even find a contact phone number to contact Roku.  Model number 3920x. No red light just blinking white light. 

0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku Premiere insufficient power

@MBJ10 @AliciaLynn1 

Thanks for the posts.

If you are still experiencing an insufficient power message even when plugging your device into a wall outlet, can you please provide the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About? We will be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
MBJ10
Reel Rookie

S/N: K430CA241692

Which I got from the bottom of the actual device as I the player won't let me navigate through the menus because of the error message. 

0 Kudos
Yankereb
Reel Rookie

@MBJ10 wrote:

My Roku Premiere is displaying 'Insufficient power' error. I have it plugged into the provided USB charger. I have tried two different outlets and multiple USB ports. This thing is 4 months old. I can't even find a contact phone number to contact Roku.  Model number 3920x. No red light just blinking white light. 

We are having the exact same problem.   They sent us a replacement adapter but that didn't work.  No response back in the last few days.  One thing we were able to do is turning it off and on we would get the error to go away but would not connect to network but did let us get the SN# which is different than the one on outside of the device.  

MBJ10
Reel Rookie

Danny, as I have mentioned, the Roku won't let me navigate to anything because of the error message.  This is the second Roku device that has failed for me in the last year. The first I chocked up to a fluke, but now I'm losing confidence.  

0 Kudos
MBJ10
Reel Rookie

Danny, how do you suggest I proceed? ....

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Sorry for the delay in response, @MBJ10

I have passed along your information and concern to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you through email. 

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hi @Yankereb

We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you. 

Since you were in recent contact with our Support team, we would recommend replying or sending an update on the email they've sent as they would best be able to assist you moving forward.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
KevPatty
Reel Rookie

Roku premiere showing insufficient power on the screen. Tried new power cord, even swapped with another Roku from different room, that one worked in place of bad Roku, bad Roku didn't work in other room using cords for working Roku.

Roku premiere 

Model 3920RW

S/N# YH004D099836

Software version 11.0.0

Build 4193-91

Issue ID# 36-167-059

This thing isn't very old, black Friday 2021 was purchase date. No longer have receipt but do have original box.

What do we do now. Reset doesn't work, even tried factory reset with no luck.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hi @KevPatty

Thanks for the post.

Could you tell us how are you powering your Roku device? Is it connected to the USB port of the TV or to a wall outlet? In some cases, the USB power provided by the TV is not sufficient to power the device. Even though your Roku device may appear to be working, running with insufficient power can lead to instability, crashing, and other unpredictable behavior.

Using the included power cord and power adapter, we suggest plugging your Roku into a working power outlet in the wall. Powering it through a power outlet in the wall has the additional advantage that your Roku player will not need to power up every time you turn on your TV. This means your Roku player will be up and running faster than it would be connected to a TV.

Let us know if there's any difference after.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos