Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AbeR
Binge Watcher

Re: ROKU turning on my TV at night

roku ultra 4 days old. Day 1, kept coming on by itself. 2x along with going from a channel to home screen by itself. Day 3 Had to unplug tv to stop keeping it from coming on.

Day 1,2,3,4 keeps going to home screen by itself. Did update, didn't solve anything.

pluged into HDMI, (switched that to another one). Power is on same power strip as tv. Happen on Roku Channel, Xfinity beta, Pluto channel. 

Ser# YJ006G600054. 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hi @AbeR

Thanks for letting us know about the issue you're experiencing.

For channels crashing to the home screen, we would recommend removing 2 of the affected channels then re-install them back in. To ensure the process is successful, follow the steps below making sure you restart your Roku device before adding the channel again.

1. Remove the channel: Highlight the channel tile on your home screen and press the Star button to open the options menu. Select Remove channel and confirm.

• Note: If you are removing a subscription channel billed to your Roku account, you must cancel the subscription before you see the Remove channel option. For help identifying this type of subscription channel, read the detailed article about removing a channel.

2. Restart your Roku device: Restart the device from the settings menu. Go to Settings > System > System restart > Restart.

3. Re-install the channel: After your Roku device restarts, visit the Roku Channel Store and add the channel again.

• Note: If you are adding a subscription channel billed to your Roku account, you will need to resubscribe.

Let us know how it goes!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
AbeR
Binge Watcher

One of the channels this has been happening on is the roku channel. 

0 Kudos
AbeR
Binge Watcher

Just removed ect... installed  then got sound no pic. Had to change hdmi to different one. Got pic now. See how long it last.

0 Kudos
AbeR
Binge Watcher

Well didn't last long.  Turn tv on this am. Within 2 minutes went back to home screen.

0 Kudos
AbeR
Binge Watcher

Also have a roku tv 43in no prob with channels . Only difference is device. 

0 Kudos
AbeR
Binge Watcher

Have narrowed it down to always going to home screen is anytime tv is turned on 1st time. Shut tv off for few hrs then turn back on within a min or 2 goes to home screen. 

0 Kudos

Has this issue been solved? I have a brand new 65" Samsung and brand new Roku Ultra. I have attached the two with a top-of-the-line HDMI cable. Every night the TV turns on, which only happens when the Roku is connected. I have the latest firmware for both the TV and the Roku devices.

Roku info:

4800X - Roku Ultra, Software 10.0.0 4209-C2

The screensaver was set to 10 minutes and the theme was the fish tank.

Thanks

0 Kudos

Danny can you troubleshoot my ROKU that turns on randomly during the night?

4800X Ultra 

X0100089SV67

10.5.0 build 4201-C2

can I give you more details privately?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Stairclimber113

Thanks for the post and providing me with your information.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos