Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Timcredible
Level 7

Re: New 2020 Roku Ultra has sound issues?

Jump to solution

I found a permanent solution, I bought a google tv Chromecast, all issues fixed.  It also shows avatars on hbo app, and does master tracks and atmos tracks on tidal

0 Kudos
trohling
Level 7

Jump to solution

sure did...downloaded the latest update. didn't help at all. tried every fix mentioned amongst the various users, to no avail. I'm really surprised that Roku support doesn't have a fix for the sound issues. Thinking it was my TV, I bought a new TV, only to have the issue still - WOW, was I upset!! Just got a new Apple TV streaming device...works like a charm! No more sound issues!!

I would highly recommend anyone that has an Ultra to toss it or take it back for a refund, and upgrade to the Apple TV. Poop on Roku. I would've hoped with as many people complaining they would listen...maybe they will if/when they loose enough business to Apple??

0 Kudos
Llcdph
Level 7

Jump to solution

Forgot all about the sound issue. I'm a YouTube TV user and dumped ROKU entirely. Switched to Fire TV 4k Max on all of my TVs and not looking back.

0 Kudos