Lights & power

Add Roku lights and smart plugs to your smart home. Learn how it works with virtual assistants, get troubleshooting tips, and find resources from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart light strip going nuts

I bought the 32 ft smart light strip +SE a week ago. Hooked it up, plugged it in, connected it to the app on my phone and all was well. Then suddenly two days ago the light strips started just randomly turning on when I have them off, off when I have them on, changing colors, flickering between colors, and generally going nuts. I do not know what is going on with it. I’ve tried resetting the lights, reinstalling them, etc, and they just keep randomly turning on and off for no reason. The instructions say Bluetooth is needed, but I never had a Bluetooth request for the lights, never found them in my Bluetooth, and have no idea why I need Bluetooth for them. Help. 

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Smart light strip going nuts

Hi @Twilson0321,

Thanks for joining us here in the Roku Community!

We appreciate your report about this behavior going on with your Roku Smart light strip. We'd like to learn more about this and see what going on here.

It seems like you've a couple of troubleshooting here. In addition, could you tell us if you set up any rules or any timer set up on the Roku Smart Home app?

Let us know more about this so that we can better look into it.

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos