Lights & power

Add Roku lights and smart plugs to your smart home. Learn how it works with virtual assistants, get troubleshooting tips, and find resources from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jaston
Reel Rookie

Smart bulb se isn't turning on.

So, I probably messed up on this one. So initially it was paired and working fine, but then the light turned off and the app said it was doing a firmware update. I mistakenly thought it was the app instead of the bulb itself doing the update, I guess. I unscrewed the bulb while the light was off and now it's not turning back on or going into pairing. I tried turning it off and on on the app then just deleting the device altogether but that didn't do anything. I also tried turning the light switch and unscrewing and screwing the bulb back in several times.  Does this mean that the bulb just won't work anymore?

11 REPLIES 11
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Smart bulb se isn't turning on.

@Jaston 

Try turning your bulb On and Off three (3) times using the lamp switch.  If successful, the bulb should start pulsing which means it is Reset and ready to be setup again.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
Jaston
Reel Rookie

Still nothing. Tried it on a lamp and an over head light. Even tried unscrewing and screwing the bulb three times.

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@Jaston 

Hmm.  The factory reset instructions by Roku for the Smart bulb match that of Wyze.  I have factory reset mine successfully a couple of times prior to posting to test if procedure worked.

How to factory reset your Roku Smart Home device - https://support.roku.com/article/7875415021975

---

Have you tried "Deleting the Device" from the SmartHome app?  I have had to reinstall the SmartHome app a few times because it loses communication with my bulb (bulb becomes non-responsive).  My next step would be to uninstall the smarthome app, restart my phone, install the smarthome app again, and then try the 3x On/Off procedure again.

---

If still no luck then perhaps @RokuDanny-R can provide some additional help for you.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
Joey_h

Smart bulb se won't factory reset

I bought a new smart bulb and I went to go update it and I accidentally turned it off mid update and now I can't factory reset it. 

0 Kudos
BrettW
Reel Rookie

Same issue here

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@BrettW

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What are the steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing? What troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve the issue?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
BrettW
Reel Rookie

Thanks for the reply.  I was updating the firmware on the initial paring with the app and the lamp it was installed in was turned off before the update was complete.  After the bulb was turned back on it would not respond at all. I attempted to reset by turning the lamp on and off 3 times in a row with no change. I deleted the bulbe from the app and moved it to a different lamp and tried to start over but it would not turn on at all. 

0 Kudos
Keshawn98

Was this issue ever resolved? I can’t find the answer and this just happened to me with two of the 4 brand new ones I got.

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Keshawn98 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What are the steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing? What troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve the issue?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos