Lights & power

Add Roku lights and smart plugs to your smart home. Learn how it works with virtual assistants, get troubleshooting tips, and find resources from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GhostGlitch
Channel Surfer

Google Home linking not working.

I tried to link my smart plug with Google Home. I got this error:

No devices were found in your Roku account. If you have already set up devices, they may not be available due to a temporary error. Please wait a few minutes and try again.

I have already set up the plug with Roku and tried quite a few times to link it to no avail. This feature is listed on the box. How does it not work.

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
rev_mark

Re: Google Home linking not working.

I am having the same issue. My account is not recognized the plug.

0 Kudos
GhostGlitch
Channel Surfer

I may have found an issue that might help with this. I checked my account online and it says this:

My linked devices

You currently have no linked devices.

Even though I clearly setup the device since I can use the app to turn it on or off...
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@rev_mark @GhostGlitch

Thanks for the posts.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? Are your Roku Smart Home devices not being recognized and linked through the Roku Smart Home app? Can you provide the exact steps to reproduce the issue and what happens when this occurs? In addition, are you currently able to link other devices to your Google Home setup?

Please keep us posted what you find out and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
GhostGlitch
Channel Surfer

Well, out of the blue, after adding 2 new Smart Plugs from another company to Google Home some how the Roku plug appeared... Not sure how but it's there. So I can't give feed back on the problem.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi Community users,

Thanks for your patience regarding the issue you are experiencing.

We believe this issue is now resolved. At this time, we would recommend you trying again to see if you are still experiencing an issue with your Roku Smart Home device.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
JL91

I am having the same issue. The plugs show up in the SmartHome app and can be controlled from there, but they are not listed as linked devices in my Roku account so Google Assistant doesn't work. It just keeps telling me there are no devices setup. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@JL91 

Thanks for the post.

Can you confirm that the Roku Smart Home Plugs are linked to your current existing Roku account? Is your Google Assistant able to see other Roku devices linked in your same Roku account?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos