Lights & power

Add Roku lights and smart plugs to your smart home. Learn how it works with virtual assistants, get troubleshooting tips, and find resources from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart Bulb SE failed firmware update

Jump to solution

Everytime I try to pair my smart bulb se lights it gets to the point where I have to update them and it fails everytime. Please help if there’s anyway to make it so that they can update without failing. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SuaSponte2000
Channel Surfer

Re: Smart Bulb SE failed firmware update

Jump to solution

I was experiencing the same problem with the firmware update.  Ended up doing a work around by going into ACCOUNT Firmware updated > and selecting the bulb requiring an update.  Doing the firmware update that way worked for me.  Good luck!

USA Retired.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@ParkerDave1213

Thanks for the post.

When you experiencing this issue, can you please provide us with the Log ID (from the Roku Smart Home app, select Account > Roku Support > Submit a log)?

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

2001 if I'm not mistaken it was a word or some letters before or after 2001 but I know it was some letters for the failed firmware update of a smart bulb White

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Chucktaylor221

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What are the steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing? What troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve the issue? Can you provide the Log ID or a screenshot of the Log ID from the Roku Smart Home mobile app?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jf6
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I am having same issue with one smart plug. Says update needed then update just fails. I have tried to manually do update by using the settings on the app. The update will still not work. Is there a trick to get a gadget to take the update?

EDIT: I decided to check to see what version the plug was running. I checked under settings, device information and discovered the plug had the most recent update even though I was receiving message to retry update. Plug is functioning as expected with rules and app.

0 Kudos
SuaSponte2000
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I was experiencing the same problem with the firmware update.  Ended up doing a work around by going into ACCOUNT Firmware updated > and selecting the bulb requiring an update.  Doing the firmware update that way worked for me.  Good luck!

USA Retired.
goblins
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Same issue i tried but i reset it through my friends guide and then my firmware updated you try to factory reset then try.

0 Kudos
goblins
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Yes same issue on firmware of smart bulb se

0 Kudos