Lights & power

Add Roku lights and smart plugs to your smart home. Learn how it works with virtual assistants, get troubleshooting tips, and find resources from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pingo
Reel Rookie

Roku smart app needs confirmation only with SMS no alternative option (email)

Jump to solution

Hello,

I have 5 smart light bulbs roku using the application integrated in google home and i bought more 2. but i change my mobile phone number and now the roku application just let me login if i receive one SMS in the previous registered number. c'mon, why don't have the option to use EMAIL as alternative option? 
And i just need login JUST to add light bulbs because all of process of daily use i use in the google home app.

How can i login in the app now? Genious!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku smart app needs confirmation only with SMS no alternative option (email)

Jump to solution

Hello! @Pingo,

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you reaching out to us about the Two Factor Authentication. We're pleased to assist.

An update has been made on how to verify your Roku account using the two-factor authentication process. You will now receive a 6-digit code via email, which you will enter into the text box to complete verification and entry.

Please keep us updated on your findings. We are eager to hear from you and will be glad to help you further.

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku smart app needs confirmation only with SMS no alternative option (email)

Jump to solution

Hello! @Pingo,

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you reaching out to us about the Two Factor Authentication. We're pleased to assist.

An update has been made on how to verify your Roku account using the two-factor authentication process. You will now receive a 6-digit code via email, which you will enter into the text box to complete verification and entry.

Please keep us updated on your findings. We are eager to hear from you and will be glad to help you further.

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Pingo
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hello, didn't work.

I deleted the app from my iphone and i've installed again 3 times!

and always just one option: SMS!

and in my account information the Two-step verification is off
C'mon guys do somenthing, this is super basic we don't need two step verification in one stupid smart home app, or let the option just for the guys who think they are being spied on, but not for everyone, not everyone is paranoids! 

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

@Pingo,

Thanks for the update,

If you're able to enter the correct account credentials but unable to retrieve the two-factor authentication email and if there is a Roku TV/Streaming Player(s) linked to your account, you can choose the option to 'Verify another way'. You will then need to enter the last 5 digits of a Device ID for any Roku TV or streaming player linked to your account. By navigating to Settings > System > About on one of your linked Roku streaming players and enter the last 5 digits of the Device ID and click 'Continue.' 

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.