Lights & power

Add Roku lights and smart plugs to your smart home. Learn how it works with virtual assistants, get troubleshooting tips, and find resources from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Luphkin

Roku bulb flashing red. App won’t find it.

New Roku bulb worked fine for a couple minutes. Started flashing random colors when I was changing scenes in the app. Now flashes red every couple of seconds and the app doesn’t find it. Won’t reset either. 

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku bulb flashing red. App won’t find it.

Hello! @Luphkin,

It's so great to have you with us here in the Roku community!

We appreciate you reaching out to us. We're pleased to assist.

• Have you completed the setup process?
  • Bulb requires a wireless network that accepts 2.4 GHz devices.

Troubleshooting:

1. Check to ensure that the bulb is fully seated into the fixture/lamp and that it is turned on and has power.
  2. Have you power-cycle the bulb by turning off the switch that controls the bulb for 5 seconds, then turning it back on?
  3. If this is a one-off case, factory reset the device by turning it off/on 3 times and setting it up like new.
  4. If this is a persistent issue, ensure that your wireless network name is the correct one on the mobile device and that the WiFi can accept 2.4 GHz devices.

Please keep us posted on what you find out, and we will be happy to continue assisting you further. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Luphkin

Thanks for the response. I have tried all of the above troubleshooting. I have tried the bulb in multiple sockets. Power cycled it countless times. It was in a 3 bulb fixture when it happened. The other 2 bulbs along with the one I replaced this one with are all currently working. Network is good and all other Roku bulbs and other devices are still functioning. 

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Luphkin,

Thank you for keeping us posted here in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you letting us know about this issue with your Roku Smart Bulb SE. We'd like to know more about it so we can further assist you. Have you tried setting up your Roku Smart Bulb SE again as a new device? When and where did you purchase the affected Roku Smart Bulb SE?

If the issue persists and it is still under warranty, please check out this support article to learn more about the step-by-step instructions for returns and warranty replacements.

We hope to hear from you, so please let us know if you require any additional help. Thank you!

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos