Lights & power

Add Roku lights and smart plugs to your smart home. Learn how it works with virtual assistants, get troubleshooting tips, and find resources from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cdlamont
Reel Rookie

Roku Smart Home app crashing while trying to set up sleep routine

I am trying to set up a sleep routine for my white Roku #smartbulbs. Every time I select “sleep routine,” the Roku app crashes. My iPhone 15 is up to date (as of 5/28/24, the time of writing this), my smart bulbs are up to date on their firmware, and the app is also up to date. I have reported this crash numerous times via Roku support and the problem still persists. 
- Firmware version: v1.0.1.14  
- Strong signal strength

- Plug in version 2.31.9

i was informed on 5/27/24 that updating my app to the 3.0.0 version would resolve the issue. However, at the time of writing this (5/28/24 at 5:43PM EST),  app version 3.0.0 is not available in my area. Therefore, my issue is not resolved. The only version available to me is 2.7.2 and there have been no updates for 2 months. Please resolve this issue. I have been having it since I bought this product months ago, and I am growing increasingly frustrated that I cannot utilize every feature available. To say I’m disappointed is an understatement. 

3 REPLIES 3
mlm44
Roku Guru

Re: Roku Smart Home app crashing while trying to set up sleep routine

The moderators closed the previous thread. The issue is not resolved because version 3.0.0 doesn’t exist on Apple App Store. I’m not sure what to do about getting the update.

Livtaylor

Smart Home App still crashes when trying to use sleep routine, the issue has been deemed resolved with the new app version 3.0 but my App Store shows the last update was 2 months and there is no firmware update 

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hello Community Users!

We truly appreciate your patience and understanding as we work to address the issue you are experiencing. Please know that we have identified the problem and are actively working on fixing it in a future update. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Regards,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.