Lights & power

Add Roku lights and smart plugs to your smart home. Learn how it works with virtual assistants, get troubleshooting tips, and find resources from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DaveyS
Reel Rookie

Roku Smart Bulb SE stuck at firmware upgrade. Cant do anything

Jump to solution

Smart Bulb SE stuck in initial light mode after syncing with app. Doing firmware upgrade that never finishes. Cannot adjust bulb? How long should this take?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SuaSponte2000
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku Smart Bulb SE stuck at firmware upgrade. Cant do anything

Jump to solution

I found a work around by going into Account: Firmware Update >  Selecting the bulb I needed to update and updating it from there.  It worked for me (4 times).  Hope this helps somebody.  Good luck!

USA Retired.

View solution in original post

Tags (1)
6 REPLIES 6
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@DaveyS

Thanks for the post. I'm sorry to hear about the experience—that's not what we aim for.

How close is the lightbulb in relation to your wireless router? 

We would recommend that you try exiting the Roku Smart Home mobile app and trying again.

Please keep us posted what you find out and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jf6
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I am having same issue with a smart plug. I have tried turning off plug with the app and back on with the app.. no issues. I tried to manually do update but the update keeps failing. The plug is about ten feet from the router and there are no walls. I am using the 2.4 band internet. Any suggestions as to why the update would not be working?

EDIT: I checked the version in the setting under device information. The plug did update and had the most recent version.

Jump to solution

Have you figured out what was causing it? I'm having the same problem, stuck on the firmware upgrade. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Kannabliss420

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide the answers to my inquiries of my previous post above?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
DaveyS
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

after rebooting again I went straight to account and tried firmware update and it worked. move light closer to router on some of them. unfortunately. After Buffalo blizzard and lack of internet. 2 units bricked up and will not be recognized in wifi finder. ROKU should make a manual entry of mac in app to help. So 2 of 4 back are dead in the water and questioning reliability if these.

0 Kudos
SuaSponte2000
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I found a work around by going into Account: Firmware Update >  Selecting the bulb I needed to update and updating it from there.  It worked for me (4 times).  Hope this helps somebody.  Good luck!

USA Retired.
Tags (1)