Lights & power

Add Roku lights and smart plugs to your smart home. Learn how it works with virtual assistants, get troubleshooting tips, and find resources from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DPA1000
Binge Watcher

Lights coming on at random

When I came home from work today, the porch light was on. I checked the app and it showed the porch light as on. I never turned it on. Another light in my house came on by itself a couple of hours ago. As I was typing this, I checked the app and my floor lamp twice was showing as on but when I went to check, the light was off.

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Lights coming on at random

Hi @DPA1000,

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community!

We understand you are having a problem with the Roku smart home bulb since it was randomly turning on by itself. We're happy to assist you further. Please ensure that all sources of automation are disabled. These include:

• IFTTT
  • Shortcuts
  • Vacation Mode
  • Timers

If the problem persists, are these happening on all of your Roku smart home bulbs or only 1-2?

We hope this helps, and please keep us posted on what you find out.

Kind regards,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
DPA1000
Binge Watcher

None of those features are turned on. I don’t know what IFTTT is and I only use vacation mode when I go out of town. Only half of my lights have randomly come on. The floor lamp keeps saying on in the app when the light is off.

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for the additional information, @DPA1000!

We want to collect information regarding this issue you had with the Roku smart home bulb, which was randomly turning on. Are you using an ASUS brand router?

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
DPA1000
Binge Watcher

Seems to be working now. No lights have come on today. I have a Netgear router.

0 Kudos
DPA1000
Binge Watcher

I spoke too soon. My floor lamp turned on by itself again. Last night it was repeatedly showing as on in the app even though it wasn’t physically on. I’m confident there’s nothing wrong with my router.

nykrolax

I have the same issue 

0 Kudos
nykrolax

I read somewhere else that it might be the power recovery mode. I set to "maintain previous status instead" of "turn on". I'll see how it goes

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.