Issue Tracking Board

Status updates, outage reports, fixes, and workarounds. Subscribe to a thread be notified of updates!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jay99
Channel Surfer

Re: YoutubeTV Fast Forward Freezes

Good info from recent posts.  Just a reminder. If you have a streaming stick in a drawer somewhere, connect both the stick and  streambar like I discussed earlier. It works fine on my 9102. Just a 20 second reboot each startup.

0 Kudos
JimInSRQ
Channel Surfer

I'm not experiencing the issue tonight.  I was trying to capture the "Stats for Nerds" as requested by the TeamYouTube Community Manager requested on the Reddit link @AJ_42 pointed to earlier.  However when trying to capture the issue on video first, I was unable do duplicate the problem.

Anyone else have their issue clear up today, 05/07/24?  @HIDave1  @Jay99  @Broncobri5 

0 Kudos
JimInSRQ
Channel Surfer

Disregard my last, it is still occurring. I'm now reporting Stats for Nerds to Youtube per their request.

0 Kudos
Dianne17
Reel Rookie

I have the exact same problem that others here are describing.  When we try to fast forward through a YouTubeTV recording,  toward the end, the Roku streambar just buffers continuously.  I have tried all of the things that others have tried - rebooting the Roku and doing a system reset.  My stream at is only about 15 feet away from my router, I have a download speed of 270 Mbps.  My problem also started in late April.  

Hope you have a solution soon

0 Kudos
sports_cats21
Reel Rookie

I received this email regarding the Streambar problem from YouTube TV today: 

This is Kathy with YouTube TV and NFL Sunday Ticket Support.

Thank you for the detailed information. Actually, we have received multiple issues regarding this and we are aware of this issue now and the engineers are currently fixing it. We will be updating you back Tanya once we hear back from the higher Team once this issue will be fixed.

We appreciate your patience and understanding on this matter. If you have any other concerns aside from this, I'll be happy to help!

Hopefully it will be fixed soon. 

AJ_42
Binge Watcher

I have received multiple replies from two different YouTubeTV support personnel that the StreamBar and Streambar Pro are not supported by YouTubeTV ???

YoutubeTV keep forwarding me this link of supported devices, which are missing Roku’s Streambar based products, but do list a Soundbar product. 

YouTubeTV supported devices. 

I am getting nowhere as the two YouTubeTV support reps have dug in their heals.  I have pointed out that these Streambar devices are on sale on Roku’s website and include YoutubeTV logos that their app supports these devices.  

Can one of the moderators please escalate this so that we can get the Streambar based devices added to YoutubeTV’s list of supported devices?

0 Kudos
Minborne
Channel Surfer

My YTTV locks up every time I attempt to fast forward or reverse on recent recordings and live. It’s been going on for 2 weeks now. I have an open ticket on it with YTTV. Does anyone know if Hulu TV plus runs more smoothly?

0 Kudos
Ted274
Channel Surfer

if this is real, why did another user @AJ_42 just report that he's being told his roku device isn't supported. I hope a fix is in the works!!

0 Kudos
EB789

Hello - Just joining the thread now, but I've been following it for over a week, as I've had the exact well-documented issue for at least two weeks. I'm wondering where the Roku Community Moderators have gone. It's been radio silence for several days, when we were told that the engineers were on the issue. Now that it appears it may be a YTTV device support issue with the Streambar, can we please get an update on what steps are being taken by Roku working with YTTV to find a solution? It would certainly seem that it's in Roku's interest to urgently work to resolve this. Update please! Thanks
0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Greetings from the Roku Community!
Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention within the Roku Community!
Our engineering team is actively investigating this matter and working diligently to resolve it. We appreciate your patience and understanding as we address the issue.
To assist us further in our investigation, we kindly request the following details from affected users:
  • Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and OS version. (Found in Settings > System > About)
  • Channel version/build: Select the channel on the Home screen and press the * button to find this information.
  • Tracker ID: When encountering the issue, press the Home button five times followed by the Back button five times. Please provide us with the Tracker ID displayed.

Note: We'll mark this post as solved for visibility and as a reference for other users.

Your cooperation and input are invaluable to us as we work towards resolving this matter promptly. We apologize for any inconvenience caused and appreciate your continued support and understanding.
Thank you for your participation and support within the Roku Community.

Regards,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.