Issue Tracking Board

Status updates, outage reports, fixes, and workarounds. Subscribe to a thread be notified of updates!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
donald4972
Channel Surfer

Re: YoutubeTV Fast Forward Freezes (update 5/8/24)

No improvement at all!!! My Roku 9101X Stream bar freezes up, as all the others report also. I did all the restarts, reboots, unplugs, power off/on, and all else I could find others tried. Nothing! 

Question: if this continues unfixed by Roku (I guess it's still the thinking that issue arises with Roku Stream bars on YouTube TV), is it accurate to believe one could buy a Roku Ultra (for instance) and not have these problems? Alternatives? Or, have Roku send us a new Ultra or other model that works! Thanks to all those working to provide Roku with info they need, to come up with a 'software update' that'll fix this!  donald4972

jblust524

Re: YoutubeTV Fast Forward Freezes

I I’m having the same problem freezes every time I try to fast-forward .  It’ll just sit there with a spinning circle. It’s been going on for a while. I need this resolved ASAP with YouTube TV.

Minborne
Channel Surfer

We are in week three of the fast forward freeze on Roku. We are now watching YouTube TV on Google Play without any issues. Sad to see this happening. My Streambar Pro is useless in this situation. 

ektel0n
Reel Rookie

0 Kudos
Lisadatt

Same issues!! Streambar and freezing YTTV. Everything is up to date. PLEASE FIX SOON

0 Kudos
Gt4rusty

We have the same issue, we have 1 gig fiber and use a streambar wireless network 

0 Kudos
tcooper399
Reel Rookie

9101x roku smart sound bar

YL009N190570 (R64989190570)

13.0.0 BUILD 24048-95

ID 70-191-697

0 Kudos
tcooper399
Reel Rookie

0 Kudos
tcooper399
Reel Rookie

SOLUTION...............???

Screenshot_20240512_232331_Chrome.jpg

0 Kudos
Foxjack1010
Reel Rookie

My soundbar Model:9102X also freezes when trying to fast forward NBA games on YouTubeTV.com. Doesn't happen every time, but many times before the game is over. It used to be that I could reboot my soundbar and it would continue with the program. That DOESN'T work now. Once it happens, rebooting the soundbar, pulling the power cord for several minutes, Nothing helps. It also freezes quite often if I am trying to watch key plays. Mine also freezes if I am watching Netflix as well, again sometimes if I try to fast forward through commercials. Always on recorded programs. I have a ROKU 3, two ultra's and none of them freeze like this soundbar. I really believe the problem is in the ROKU soundbar, not routers Youtube, netflix, etc. IT really sucks... This problem with the soundbars should and could be fixed, because the other players do not have the problem. Perhaps buying another brand of soundbar as was suggested by one respondent would resolve the problem? I would just go back to the ultra, but the sound from my TV is really bad, and that is the reason I bought this soundbar in the first place. Like I said I really believe the problem is just a fault with these soundbars.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.