Issue Tracking Board

Status updates, outage reports, fixes, and workarounds. Subscribe to a thread be notified of updates!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JimInSRQ
Channel Surfer

Re: YoutubeTV Fast Forward Freezes

Why is this marked as resolved when clearly the issue persists!?

20240511_115018.jpg

0 Kudos
GerPeg
Reel Rookie

AND NOW THE SKIP FEATURE ON YOUTUBE TV COMMERCIALS IS CAUSING IT TO HANG UP AS WELL. SO IT'S GETTING WORSE AND IS DEFINITELY NOT RESOLVED! I THINK WE ALL SHOULD CONTEMPLATE USING ANOTHER SERVICE THAN ROKU AND MAYBE THEY WOULD PAY ATTENTION AND GET IT RESOLVED QUICKLY RATHER THAN STRING US ALONG. I KNOW I'M GOING TO LOOK INTO SOMETHING ELSE.

0 Kudos
Minborne
Channel Surfer

I just received an email from YTTV stating that they have made several improvements to YTTV. They are closing out the ticket. This appears to be a Roku Streambar issue only. It’s been three weeks that the ff freezing has been going on. May I please get my money back?  

0 Kudos
Foxjack1010
Reel Rookie

I would like to make an addition to my original posting, That being that the program I thought was freezing when fast forwarding on Netflix was also on YouTubeTV instead. Even my roku 3 works FAR better than the soundbar, and does not freeze when fast forwarding. I currently have the Roku3 in a second hdmi port on my tv for use when the soundbar freezes because the soundbar freezes OFTEN!!

0 Kudos

Same thing here. Roku Streambar + YTTV. This started a couple of weeks ago, but I have had the device and YTTV service for more than 2 years without a problem.  Something changed recently to cause this issue.

0 Kudos
donald4972
Channel Surfer

Re: YoutubeTV Fast Forward Freezes (update 5/8/24)

May 13, 2024 now with no resolution or improvements.  Roku streamebar 9101x still freezes with any fast forward,  pause, or rewind on YouTube tv. UhFrustration mounting,  patience waning! 

What is being done towards resolution of this Roku? Donald4972

0 Kudos
mjdude

Did a manual check for updates - got an update for YTTV (and YT) and have been testing for the past hour (or so).

Seems to resolve the issue.  Still trying to break it.

0 Kudos
AJ_42
Binge Watcher

There have been postings on the subreddit for this issue that YouTubeTV has provided an update and that the FF problem appears fixed.  Use the * key to update the YouTubeTV app or if the menu does not show an update option then remove the YouTubeTV app, reboot your Streambar and the re-install the YouTubeTV app.  

0 Kudos
Minborne
Channel Surfer

This morning I disconnected my Streambar Pro and put it in the attic. Such a waste of money. I’m now watching all my apps through Google Play. No problems there. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get my money back from Roku for my now defunct Streambar Pro?

0 Kudos
Ted274
Channel Surfer

this situation seems to affect the Streambar Pro, nothing has happened to improve the situation over the last several weeks.  I canceled my Youtube TV subscription and went back to Sling, hopefully YTTV and Roku will fix the issue. Roku customers paid a premium for their Roku experience with streambar pro, Lesson learned, just buy the cheapest streaming player, don't invest in Roku, they won't fix their issues. 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.