Issue Tracking Board

Status updates, outage reports, fixes, and workarounds. Subscribe to a thread be notified of updates!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
misto23
Reel Rookie

Re: YoutubeTV Fast Forward Freezes

I'm having the same issue with my Roku Streambar, except with the regular vanilla YouTube app. It just started having problems yesterday. I can start watching something on YouTube, but as soon as I fast-forward or as soon as an ad finishes playing, the stream stops playing, the buffering circles appear, and after a few seconds the picture turns black with the buffering circles continuing on endlessly.

As others have tried, I too have tried clearing the cache, disconnecting and reconnecting power to the device, and uninstalling and reinstalling the YouTube channel, all to no avail.

RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @misto23,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We apologize for the inconvenience that this has caused with the YouTube channel. Also, we appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have taken to resolve the issue.

In the meantime, we would like to gather more information from you to help us resolve this issue. Please provide us with the following details:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Does this issue occur on a specific channel? If so, what channel and what version or build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the home screen and pressing the * button)?
  • Tracker ID (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).
  • What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far?

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Youtube tv freezes on fast forward and reverse. My Roku is up to date.

Hi Community users,

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community!

We are interested in learning more about the problem you are experiencing with the YouTube channel. Also, we apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused. May we know what Roku device you are using that has an issue? (e.g., Roku Express, Roku Streambar, Roku TV—specify TV) Do you observe this behavior while using other channel(s) on your device? In addition, what troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to resolve the issue?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
DDS2
Reel Rookie

I have been experiencing this same issue for 2 days. I have taken every troubleshooting step and nothing 

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @DDS2,

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community!

We understand that you're having the same issue and we appreciate your effort in troubleshooting it.

Please be aware that we have already passed this case along to the appropriate Roku team and are currently investigating this. In the meantime, you can share with us the information requested by @RokuJechealR right above your post so that we can provide additional details to the right team.

Thank you for your patience and understanding!

Regards,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
DDS2
Reel Rookie

I have the Roku soundbar. I am only experiencing this issue on the YouTube TV app. It doesn’t seem to be any particular channel on the app but the programs that I have attempted to watch are on ABC,CBS,MSNBC.

As far as troubleshooting goes I have exited and restarted the app, I have restarted my device, I have unplugged the soundbar to the TV, and have unplugged and plugged back in everything, I have removed and reinstalled the app.

mwill32471
Reel Rookie

I have the roku soundbar and only experience the issue on the youtube tv app. It's only happening when I fast forward a recorded show. It has been every recording I've tried watching over the last 2 days over multiple networks. I'll be able to start the show but about 15 minutes into the show when I try to fast forward through the commercials it freezes and won't let me watch anymore. I have removed the youtube tv app and added it back on, restarted the system, tried looking for updates to the app, and even did a factory reset of the roku soundbar. When I send feedback to youtube tv they say they didnt fix the issue. 

0 Kudos
emKappe
Reel Rookie

The same has been happening with my stream bar pro. Not happy, a lot of wasted time, on 3 times with the help number. They act like they don't know what I'm talking about and here there are numerous post about this problem. 

0 Kudos
emKappe
Reel Rookie

The same has been happening with my stream bar pro. Not happy, a lot of wasted time hours, on 3 times with the help number. They act like they don't know what I'm talking about and here there are numerous post about this problem.  Time to buy a different sound bar : ( 

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Community users,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku Community!

We are currently aware and our engineering team has been investigating this issue closely.
In the meantime, please help us with the details I've posted above so we can send additional information for the investigation to our engineering team.

We look forward to hearing your response and receiving your device details.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.