Issue Tracking Board

Status updates, outage reports, fixes, and workarounds. Subscribe to a thread be notified of updates!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sj4pres

Re: How Do We Remove the Backdrops App from the Home Screen?

Jump to solution
  • Roku Device Information:

• Model: G813X = ROKU TV
    • Serial Number: X01200PJS8MK (S0DL626JS8MK)
    • Device ID: ? - built into TV
    • Software OS/Version: 13.14 / build 1512-CT
  • TV Information: ONN Roku TV 55 inch

• Issue ID MK-370-839
0 Kudos
WhoDunnit
Reel Rookie

Re: Backdrops app keeps reinstalling itself after I remove it.

Jump to solution

It also interferes with powering down the tv! My TCL tv has to be powered down repeatedly, holding the button down, and being ignored because of this BACKDROPS thing which I have removed about six times now. (I have also disabled it, which doesn't keep it from reloading.)

Kindly remember that it is first and foremost a Roku OS smart tv, not a photo album. Just let it be a competently smart tv. That's the reason we bought them! Because they were much better than comparable Fire OS or Samsung sets (I know from experience here)! If you defeat its basic principles by adding irritating screen clutter (recently we had the irksome involuntary order channel shuffle) and inhibiting basic operations, knowledgeable users will buy tvs with other operating systems.

I want easy to learn functions that then become invisible to me.

I don't want to have to think deeply about how to turn off the TV all of a sudden! Soon I'll be unplugging it if I have to, just to streamline the process.

Stop introducing obstacles to a reasonable user experience.

Scuppins

Jump to solution

Roku Device Information:

Model: Westinghouse WR43UX4210

Hardware ID: G504X

Serial Number: X01200053XXU

Device ID: S0M733653XXU

Software OS/Version: 13.1.4 ● 1512-DH (Up to date)

Please use issue ID XU-371-377 to report the current issue Steps to Reproduce, Result, Expected Results: Identical to what Lanhoj has written & srobertanv reiterated. Thanks, guys.

Scuppins
0 Kudos
garystan1952
Binge Watcher

Re: [Underinvestigation] Update on Backdrops Channel Removal Issue

Jump to solution

I too am unable to remove BACKDROPS from my Sharp-Roku TV.   I know this is my fault.  I should've NEVER installed this app.   I tried several times to remove it.  I can't remove it !  Now what?

Gary

0 Kudos
Ratickle

Jump to solution

I cannot get Backdrops to remain removed either.  I can remove it, but it keeps coming back.  Please fix this.

PXL_20240915_180450917.MP-EDIT.jpg

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

Thanks for providing all the information we requested, and we're sorry for the inconvenience.

Please be advised that we have passed your details and information for further investigation and will get back to you with an update.

We hope to get everything sorted out soon and appreciate you bearing with us in the meantime.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
kgman

Jump to solution

I can't get rid of the unwelcome "Backdrop" home menu item.  As reported by others, I can remove the menu item by using the * button menu, but as soon as I select open an app then return to the home menu, it is back again.  Also, please stop adding items to the left home screen menu every week or so.  I do not want that and am mad that have to constantly go into settings to hide that trash every time something new appears.  If you insist on adding it, just make sure it is defaulted to "Hidden:.  Advertise it through emails or some other way.  If I want a feature, I will unhide it!  Thank You.

Model: 830X Sharp Roku TV

Serial Number: YK005G301423

Device ID: FG9005301423

Software Version: 13.1.4 build 1510-71

0 Kudos
garystan1952
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

BACKDROP  App :

I pressed * on my  Roku remote, selected REMOVE,  and BACKDROP app

DOES disappear.  But, upon going HOME,  and scrolling down the sreen,

BACKDROP app is there again.   I know it has to do with the software OPTIONS.   Apparently, the REMOVE option  doesn't  have a  "Link" to the

DELETE (REMOVAL) command.  That was (accidentally ?) omitted when

BACKDROP was initially programmed.

Gary

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @garystan1952,

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community!

Please be aware that we have passed along your information to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

Kind regards,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
nun
Reel Rookie

Re: [Underinvestigation] Update on Backdrops Channel Removal Issue

Jump to solution

you are RIDICULOUS!  stop messing with my home screen!  this is MY TV in MY HOME!  Stop adding bull**bleep** apps without a way to remove them!  I have removed the backdrops app at least 20 times and it continues to reappear.  CLEARLY your company needs new technical staff.  

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.