Issue Tracking Board

Status updates, outage reports, fixes, and workarounds. Subscribe to a thread be notified of updates!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: How Do We Remove the Backdrops App from the Home Screen?

Jump to solution

Hi @Lanhoj@srobertanv

We acknowledge the information you provided and will update the appropriate Roku team with this.

We hope for your patience and understanding as we work on the issue. This thread will provide an update on further developments in the investigation.

Thank you!

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuMaryEF
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @hnbrink,

Thanks for reporting this to the Roku Community!

Could you please check your Community inbox so we can assist you further and investigate this issue in more detail?

Best regards,
The Roku Community Team

Mary E.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
hnbrink
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I shoved it into the middle with apps I don’t use much and so far it’s staying there. 

0 Kudos
jababsa7

Backdrops app keeps reinstalling itself after I remove it.

Jump to solution

This new backdrops app/feature appeared on my home screen and I'm not gonna be using it so I removed it but every time I turn on my TV it's back again. This has happened 4 times in a row now. Is this happening with everyone or am I the only one that is going to be driven crazy by this behavior? I've already been past the point of never buying anything Roku again but this is ridiculous. Just had to rant.

RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Backdrops app keeps reinstalling itself after I remove it.

Jump to solution

Hi @jababsa7,

Thanks for letting us know about the behavior you've been experiencing with the Backdrop app, which will keep reappearing on the Homes Scree every time you turn on your Roku TV.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused; that's not what we aim for. Please be advised that we are currently aware of the issue, and our engineering team has been investigating it closely.

In the meantime, please provide us with these required details so we can send our engineering team additional information for the investigation:

Roku Device Information:

• Model:
  • Serial Number:
  • Device ID:
  • Software OS/Version:

TV Information:

• Make and Model:
  • Tracker ID (to obtain this, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times when the issue occurs).

Steps to Reproduce the Issue: Please outline the steps you take that lead to the issue you're experiencing.

Please keep us posted with the details.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
Kozmo

Jump to solution

Identical issue here. 

Issue report tracker

Model: 7203X - Roku TV

Serial number: YN00CA377513 (9J67AC377513)

Software version: 13.1.4 • build 1510-38

GC version: 12.1.17

Timestamp: 2024-09-13T20:19:56Z

Please use issue ID 13-369-859 to report the current issue.

0 Kudos
wanderlove

Jump to solution

@RokuMaryEF

Roku Device Information:

• Model: TCL 55S401 (7111X)
  • Serial Number: YN0084112056
  • Device ID: CN5008112056
  • Software OS/Version: 13.1.4 • build 1510-30
  • TV Information:
  • Tracker ID: 56-369-875

Steps to Reproduce, Result, Expected Results:

• Identical to what Lanhoj has written.

This is an issue for low-vision in which remote control navigation by touch is disrupted. 

GuyStreamer
Reel Rookie

Re: [Underinvestigation] Update on Backdrops Channel Removal Issue

Jump to solution

FYI,  I have the same issue of not being able to permanently remove Backdrops. I have disabled it in Backrops settings and Removed the app, but upon navigation away from Home or powering down the Roku TV and restarting it's back again. It's behaving like malware and must have a ghost installation somewhere in the Roku system files to do this. 

JoeMcK

Jump to solution

TCL 65R635

A114X

software 13.4 build 1510-88

Power off dtsrts backdrop, but it fails and goes back to home screen and foes nit power off

GuyStreamer
Reel Rookie

Re: Backdrops app keeps reinstalling itself after I remove it.

Jump to solution

You can disable it in the Backdrops settings so at least it isn’t running.  I still can’t get the removal of the app to stick as it reappears on the home screen, but at least I can power down the tv normally. I will need to reset to factory settings to remove it I guess.

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.