Issue Tracking Board

Status updates, outage reports, fixes, and workarounds. Subscribe to a thread be notified of updates!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rteo
Reel Rookie

WiFi stopped working after software update

Jump to solution

Brand new TV 55S451  I started from the box, it found the network and connected to it. After it started the software update, once completed the tv restarted. Now the tv can't find any WiFi network or the Roku Speaker's.

Can someone provide me with the lower software version.

current version is 13.1.4 build 6400-HC  

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: WiFi stopped working after software update

Jump to solution

Hello! @rteo,

Thank you for your post in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you contacting us about your Roku TV having issues connecting to your network. We are pleased to assist.

Troubleshooting steps

1. Power cycle the Roku device for 30 seconds
  2. Restart the router
  3. You can perform a Network Connection Reset on your Roku device by going to Settings> Advanced system settings > Network connection reset > Reset connection.
    • Note: Before doing make sure you know your WiFi credentials. 
  4. After the network reset, your Roku device will restart, and you will need to return to the Settings menu to set up your wireless network again.

If the issue persists, you can connect your streaming device to a mobile hotspot as a temporary workaround to ensure it does not have a problem.

For additional troubleshooting steps, please see this article: How to fix internet errors and issues on your Roku streaming device.

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
rteo
Reel Rookie

Re: WiFi stopped working after software update

Jump to solution

Thanks for your reply.

I have done all this troubleshooting . I have also been on the call with support and did all kind of troubleshooting I don't understand why is so hard for Roku Support to understand that this issue it's because of the software update . Can you please provide a lower version than the one I have now ?

0 Kudos

Hisense Roku TV not connecting to Wi-Fi

Jump to solution

Hi there I have a Roku Hisense TV that will not connect to the Wi-Fi even after being reset. I reset the Wi-Fi, router/modem and TV as well as reset the network. None of these things worked.

The Hisense model number is 6series-58

The serial number is x035001a6rdy 

The device ID is s139y44a6rdy 

The software version is 13.1.4 •build 6800-HE

The internet service provider is spectrum.

The modem/router is Arris TM1602A

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Hisense Roku TV not connecting to Wi-Fi

Jump to solution

Hello! @Discinwillie,

Thank you for your post in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you contacting us regarding your Hisense Roku TV's trouble connecting to your Wi-Fi and attempting some troubleshooting steps to resolve it. We are happy to help.

• Is this the first time you have experienced this issue? When did it start?
  • Did we recently make any changes to your network or network provider?
  • Do you have cellular data so we can try connecting your device to your hotspot?

You can connect your streaming device to a mobile hotspot as a temporary workaround to ensure there is no issue with your device. If you still can't connect, we recommend performing a factory reset.

If the issue persists, please provide us with the Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue arise, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID)

For additional troubleshooting steps, please see this article: How to fix internet errors and issues on your Roku streaming device.

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Hisense Roku TV not connecting to Wi-Fi

Jump to solution
If you have other devices connecting to your network without issue, what WiFi channel number do they report they are using?
Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Bsstmpr

Re: Hisense Roku TV having issues with network connection

Jump to solution

Remote does not have a menu or settings, now, what ca I do?

it opens only to reader screen?

0 Kudos
UtahUser
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku TCL tv keep losing connection

Jump to solution

It's been three weeks since my Roku TV started losing its wifi connection when I power the TV off. I have had almost two years of everything working right.) This is the same problem mentioned here by many others with NO solution from Roku. 

Yes, if I do a Reset Connection, the TV immediately recognizes my Wifi network. However, EVERY time I now have to reenter my password to get the connection up. This is awkward.

The fact that I simply do use the onscreen menus to fix it tells me this is a SOFTWARE issue and not a hardware one. Like many others here, I strongly suspect a Roku software update three or so weeks ago is the problem. 

Why can't this be fixed by now?? 

Thordan
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku TCL tv keep losing connection

Jump to solution

Its ridiculous, Roku clearly is only interested in losing customers. The mods said it was a software issue that the development team is aware of, which it clearly is, yet its been well over a month or more since the first reported issue and they haven't released a patch.

I work in software development, I know that if there is a critical bug in code you don't spend months hmm-hawing about a patch, you try and get it out there ASAP.

We are the people are tech savvy enough to recognize the issue and report it, and there are a lot of us, imagine the thousands of customers that have no idea whats wrong with their TV? Roku acts like they care, but just like other corporate companies they seem to only be interested in distancing themselves from accountability by hiring third-party moderators with no idea whats going on internally in the company who have the job of trying to pacify us with scripted answers and malarkey.

Regarding the factory reset. I won't dare do it. The software version on the OS clearly shows its not received an update in well over a month. A factory reset -- at best -- only kicks this can down the road, and drastically inconveniences you by forcing you to redo literally everything you have set up on your TV. Then, without the actual software patch, its just going to happen again.

I thought Roku cared about its customers, unlike the competitors like Amazon and Apple and Google and was thinking they would try and get this sorted out professionally. I seem to be wrong...

0 Kudos

Re: Hisense Roku TV having issues with network connection

Jump to solution

My fiancée and I moved into a place together.  His Hisense Roku would never reconnect to the wifi.  It was the same wifi router from his old place.  Yet my tcl had no issues.  Everytime we turned his tv on without going into settings, power, restart tv; it would not connect to internet.  He went in and settings, advanced settings, and then network connection reset, and network reset!  And it immediately stayed connected to our wifi again!! 

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.