Issue Tracking Board

Status updates, outage reports, fixes, and workarounds. Subscribe to a thread be notified of updates!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HellBound
Streaming Star

Re: My Roku Tv keeps unconnecting to my wifi

Jump to solution

This is a known issue with Roku TVs. It happens both with WiFi and Ethernet. When you turn the TV on it can take 5 or more minutes before it connects to the network. Roku is likely trying to resolve specific Public IP addresses to determine if you are connected to the Internet and if they are not available, timeout or are slow to respond it will take longer to connect. They are also likely performing a speed test before it reports you are connected.

I have been dealing with this same issue for years, across multiple model TV's and standalone devices. Roku does not seem to think this is an issue.

I have found if I open an app it will warn me there's no network connection. If I select "Continue Anyway", the app opens and works as normal. This always works with my local network apps, PLEX and TABLO, and sometimes works with streaming apps like PLUTO and NETFLIX)

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.