Issue Tracking Board

Status updates, outage reports, fixes, and workarounds. Subscribe to a thread be notified of updates!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

[Solved] Smart Home Error - "The app isn't compatible with your device"

Jump to solution

Greetings Community users,

We are aware of the issue that some users are receiving an error message on the Roku Smart Home Mobile App stating, "The app isn't compatible with your device

We have additional information to help you out about this.

Smart Home App compatibility issues on Android

If your Android phone or tablet is rooted, running uncertified software, or not Play Protect certified then it may not be compatible with the Roku Smart Home mobile app. Refer to the Google Play Help article for instructions on how to check your Play Protect certification status.

If your device is not Play Protect certified or you are using an older device that does not have the option to check certification status, get further help from Google Android support or the Android Help Community.

Smart Home App compatibility issues on iOS

The Roku Smart Home mobile app requires iOS 14.0 or newer. If your iOS phone or tablet is running an older version or jailbroken, it may not be compatible with the Roku Smart Home mobile app. Contact Apple support for further advice and guidance.

Thanks,
Roku Community Team

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: [Solved] Error - "The app isn't compatible with your device"

Jump to solution

Greetings Community users,

We are pleased to inform you that our team has released a new operating system (version 2.7.3). Please update the app as soon as possible, as we believe this will resolve the compatibility error that some of our customers have been experiencing. Thank you for your attention to this matter.

In addition, if you're still seeing the issue feel free to get additional help with our support page here: How to fix the error "The app isn't compatible with your device" in the Roku Smart Home mobile app.

Please be sure to let us know if this helps.

Best regards,
Roku Community Team

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
ntcfm1
Reel Rookie

Error - "The app isn't compatible with your device"

Jump to solution

All the sudden, my Roku SmartHome App is saying "The app isn't compatible with your device" .  It worked last night; this morning I got an error.  Nothing changed on my phone over night - no updates, no app updates, nothing.  I followed the useless instructions, and sure enough, I verified my phone is still Play Protect certified.  The worthless instructions don't even mention what to do it your phone IS certified, and the app is in error.  My PlayStore is updated, and my device is Certified.  I don't know what to do now.  The app is obviously in error and someone needs to fix it immediately.

RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Error - "The app isn't compatible with your device"

Jump to solution

Hello! @ntcfm1,

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you reaching out to us about your Roku Smart Home App. We're pleased to assist.

If you receive an error "The app isn't compatible with your device" in the Roku Smart Home mobile app, the app may not work because your phone or tablet is jailbroken, rooted, or running uncertified software.

For further assistance, we recommend reaching out to Google Android support or the Android Help Community after completing the recommended troubleshooting steps.

Please keep us updated on any developments. We are here to assist you further and look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
fountainhead
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi There, 

I've got the same issue as the other user above -- my device is compatible and certified, my phone is not rooted, not running uncertified software and I'm suddenly unable to access my security cameras. It was working fine last night and is now not functioning at all. Please address this issue ASAP.

Fran702
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Exact same thing. I've checked everything. It worked last night. And now it won't work. This is ridiculous considering I pay for the cameras and can't monitor them at this time. 

Fran702
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

So when we reach out to support or the community what exactly are we trying to to troubleshoot? Nothing pops up in those other areas regarding the Roku home app not being compatible.. I have no idea what to look up on how to fix it since my phone is certified. 

nettealj

Jump to solution

I had the same problem and couldn't figure out how to fix the problem from the instructions. I uninstalled the app from my phone and reinstalled it. Works fine now

fountainhead
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

That's what I was thinking of doing, but was concerned that the cameras would need to be readded individually as I'm away from the location of the cameras. Did you have to? Or did they automatically reappear?

0 Kudos
ntcfm1
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I actually did the same thing yesterday.  I have not had a chance to update until not, but I did uninstall and reinstall the app, and the problem was gone.  Admittedly, that isn't really a solution, but it worked.  Yes, everything was there, I didn't have to re-install any cameras. 

Fran702
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you. I just did the same and it works!

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.