Issue Tracking Board

Status updates, outage reports, fixes, and workarounds. Subscribe to a thread be notified of updates!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LadyU

Re: Error - "The app isn't compatible with your device"

Jump to solution

Hi all, I had this same problem and I came to a solution that helped me. I went into my Smart Home settings on my phone and cleared the cache and nothing happened, so I cleared the data and what'dya know it worked! All you gotta do is log back in and it'll be working. Hope you all get notified about this and I hope it helps more people in the future!!!

Edc83
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Same issue on a pixel 7a running android 14 with May 5th security update. Device is running stock android and is NOT rooted. Seems to have started after the last Android update. 

This is NOT acceptable, especially since I'm paying a subscription. Update your Android app to fix whatever the issue is or I'm switching to a different provider.

Kernel version 5.10.189-android13-4-00012-g1217bb583cc5-ab11174560
#1 Mon Dec 4 18:59:42 UTC 2023

Build number AP1A.240505.005.A1

0 Kudos
DFCOX

Jump to solution

I love how useless the "Roku" responses are. It could never be their app. Go see Android support. 

Thanks to the guy that said uninstalling works. I did that and now it's working again

0 Kudos
tsesee
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I had this problem. I also decided to uninstall and reinstall. Unfortunately, I am using a tablet and do not own a cellphone. The new app install won't let me install without two factor and requires a cellphone for a text to sign in. I chatted with Roku support and was told that I had to have a cellphone to use the Roku Smart Home. Gee, I don't remember that as a prereq when I bought the cameras. And it's also interesting that I can sign on to Roku and here with an email as  the two factor.

Anyone want two Roku cameras?

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: [Solved] Error - "The app isn't compatible with your device"

Jump to solution

Greetings Community users,

We are pleased to inform you that our team has released a new operating system (version 2.7.3). Please update the app as soon as possible, as we believe this will resolve the compatibility error that some of our customers have been experiencing. Thank you for your attention to this matter.

In addition, if you're still seeing the issue feel free to get additional help with our support page here: How to fix the error "The app isn't compatible with your device" in the Roku Smart Home mobile app.

Please be sure to let us know if this helps.

Best regards,
Roku Community Team

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@tsesee you can disable two factor authentication on your Roku user account. Log into your account and you can turn it off near the bottom of the main screen.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.