Issue Tracking Board

Status updates, outage reports, fixes, and workarounds. Subscribe to a thread be notified of updates!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Onntv24
Binge Watcher

Re: Activation help linking my TV to my roku account

Jump to solution

Man this sucks a lot. I could not have picked a worse day to do a factory reset lol. My TV was working perfectly fine beforehand. Now I'm stuck watching digital channels from rabbit ears antenna like a caveman. 

0 Kudos
deb_bfo

Re: Activation issue once I put in email…

Jump to solution

Yes, my screen wont acknowledge that I've clicked on the activation link in the email and the QR code option isn't working for me either. So frustrating 

Onntv24
Binge Watcher

Re: Service Interruption: Roku Device Activation

Jump to solution

Thank you for looking into this. I've been tearing my hair out for the last 3-4 hours thinking I was doing something wrong with my new Onn Roku TV. I even deleted my entire roku account just to make a new one with the same email to see if that would fix. 

0 Kudos
deb_bfo

Re: Service Interruption: Roku Device Activation

Jump to solution

Me too! Four hours of faffing. Was almost ready to take it back to the shop for a refund. 

So relieved to hear it's not just me. 

0 Kudos
Guardian23

Re: Can't get past Roku account email activation page for Onn Roku TV

Jump to solution
I am having the same issue. I did a factory reset this morning and cannot get past the Roku account page.
0 Kudos
RokuMaryEF
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: [Solved] Service Interruption: Roku Device Activation

Jump to solution

Hi Roku Community users,

We’re pleased to inform you that the activation issues have been resolved.

If you’re still experiencing any problems, please try restarting your device by disconnecting it from the power source, waiting a few moments, and then plugging it back in.

Thank you for your patience and understanding while we worked through this service interruption.

Happy Streaming! 💜

Best regards,
The Roku Community Team

Mary E.
Roku Community Moderator
andyross
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

What page is in the refresh loop? On the phone or the TV? If it's on the phone, can you try using a different browser?

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Serious activation problems

Jump to solution

It was a problem at Roku's end they say has been cleared up.  See: https://community.roku.com/t5/Issue-Tracking-Board/Solved-Service-Interruption-Roku-Device-Activatio...

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Cant link TV despite many tries

Jump to solution

They say they've got it fixed.  See https://community.roku.com/t5/Issue-Tracking-Board/Solved-Service-Interruption-Roku-Device-Activatio...

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
stream-gmz
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

try to finish setup without setting up internet.

then do a system-power-reset menu.  (this will do a power cycle)

then when it turns back on, complete your internet setup.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.