Issue Tracking Board

Status updates, outage reports, fixes, and workarounds. Subscribe to a thread be notified of updates!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SYN80
Reel Rookie

Re: [0S 12.0] Audio out of sync on Xfinity channel

Model: G138X - Roku TV

Serial: X012004GJ1GD (S0JUH28GJ1GD)

Software version: 12.0.0 Build 4190-CG

GC version: 9.5.24

Timestamp: 2023-07-24T18:33:32Z

Issue ID: GD-294-873

0 Kudos
RokuAnjelie
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hello Community users,

We appreciate you for providing us with this information. Rest assured that we passed along your concern to our appropriate Roku team for further investigation.
Once more information is available, we will make sure to update this Community thread.

In the meantime, your patience and understanding are very much appreciated.
Thanks,
Anjelie

Anjelie A.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
sims14817
Reel Rookie

With all due respect, it's been over three months and there are over 22 pages of posts from users on this topic. Certainly, you have to have a better update than repeating "Once more information is available, we will make sure to update this Community thread" for the umpteenth time. 

GaJoe
Channel Surfer

Folks...ROKU doesn't care....You've already bought their device....XFINITY needs to care more...you're still paying for their service monthly.

0 Kudos
blkgem

Really, "send info into support!!!" This problem has been going on well over a year, many have sent in info. To be blunt, it's all of you products since I have many of them. And I am now looking for a replacement of Roku with another device and will throw all Ruko's out

JimmyO
Streaming Star

I submitted a BBB complaint two weeks ago and they did not even respond.  Comcast contacted me a few days later and said they are waiting for a firmware fix from Roku.

vadeltachi
Streaming Star

I heard the same from Comcast after going through their "executive" escalation.

The automatons who answer the phones there are US based and have authority to do more than send a "signal" to a Comcast cable box that doesn't exist (in this case since we are using Roku boxes). 

However, we may be in for a longer wait. Roku typically updates its Linux-based software twice a year with one or two bug releases shortly after the main release. 

In this case, though, the xfinity stream app worked flawlessly until it changed from a beta status (where it was for several years) until the beta disappeared about a year or so ago. 

Roku closed the thread regarding this issue as it was pertaining to the previous operating system. The problems are still the same.

ecstmank

Why would Xfinity fix this? They are selling their own streaming player the  "Flex streaming TV Box".  It is to their advantage to keep the Xfinity app screwed up so you decide to convert to their player.  Roku doesn't care as is evidenced by the long wait with no action on their part.

Leeza41_
Binge Watcher

I had comcast tech to my house yesterday. Funny it worked till this morning. So tired I'm going to drop cable. This morning back to stupid audio video out of sync. Just tired of it.

0 Kudos
Leeza41_
Binge Watcher

My roku tv 7104x  sw 12.0.0  ,build 4182-30, timestamp 2023-07-27T14.

Issue ID 37-298-973

0 Kudos