Issue Tracking Board

Status updates, outage reports, fixes, and workarounds. Subscribe to a thread be notified of updates!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Suddenly stopped working says connecting this may take a minute but it's been over an hour

Jump to solution

Hi, Community users!

Greetings from the Roku Community.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. No worries! We'd be more than happy to look closely into this matter and help you resolve this.

Update 5/21:

We suggest following these instructions with your remote control: press the Home x5 followed by Back x5.

If the issue persists, Please help us with the required details below so we to send the case for investigation to our engineering team:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and OS version. (this can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  • Photo of the error message for reference.

Note: We'll mark this post as solved for visibility and as a reference for other users.

Please let us know if the issue is fixed or reply to the thread for further assistance, we will be glad to help you.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Amae

Re: Stuck on Connecting...This may take a minute

Jump to solution

Can confirm that the reset button on the back of the tv corrects this issue - sign in to all apps is required however it’s back to regular functionality 

0 Kudos
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thank you for keeping us informed, @Amae!

We appreciate the additional information and would like to investigate this issue more closely. Could you please provide the information mentioned by @RokuCarly  above in the thread?

We look forward to your responses and gathering your details.

Thanks,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
z0th

Re: Stuck on Connecting… this may take a minute, working after 2nd factory reset

Jump to solution

Same issues here -- "Connecting...This may take a minute."

To be clear, configuring any sort of additional networking via a mobile device hotspot is not possible since the Roku UI is not avaliable to configure the device.

No issues last night, but did notice that the Netflix app was really having a hard time opening and/or connecting. We were getting the spinning wheel with the "this may take a minute" message before lunchtime today.

• Have unplugged the TV for 30+ minutes. No change.
  • Have tried a FIRST factory reset. No change.
  • Waited about 15-30 mins or so, tried a SECOND factory reset, this worked!

Once reconfiguring networking and logging the TV in to Roku -- It seems that all of my application settings (along with authentication for said apps) was saved during the reset.

@RokuJharra-Q  This has the earmarks of a problematic firmware or application update. The UI has some notable changes. Can you please confirm? 

0 Kudos

TV stuck on 'Connecting... This may take a minute' screen

Jump to solution

I've seen this posted here before but with no solutions that seem to work. My TV said it needed to update, so my partner let it do so and walked out of the room. When we returned, it was stuck on the dreaded "Connecting... this may take a minute" screen. I can't move away from this screen using any buttons on the remote. 

Based on user suggestions, I've tried the following: 

• unplugged the TV from the wall for over a minute

• held down the power button on the TV for 30+ seconds with the TV off, with the TV on, with the TV plugged in, with the TV not plugged in 

• turned on my mobile hotspot (not sure how this would help as the TV has never been connected to it in the past, and I can't get to the screen on the TV to manually connect to it

• restarted the router (the TV has been connected to it in this spot for months) 

• plugged the TV directly into the wall instead of a power bar

Nothing is working, every time I turn the TV back on, it's on the same screen. The only buttons on the remote that do anything are volume and power. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

0 Kudos

Re: Stuck on Connecting… this may take a minute

Jump to solution

This makes no sense. How can I connect the TV to the hotspot if I can't navigate away from the screen? 

0 Kudos
KHdamned
Reel Rookie

Re: Suddenly stopped working says connecting this may take a minute but it's been over an hour

Jump to solution

Hi. Thanks. 

I saw someone else had posted to make you know the difference between a roku made tv and a roku partnered tv. Since my tv is a TCL partnered roku tv, I called them as well, right after I posted here. They told me how to reboot the physical tv, which seems to have fixed the issue. 

With the latest software update that happened overnight, it caused a glitch with my internet provider. 

But it seems to be fixed now.   Thank you for answering me so promptly. 

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

We tried this and nothing happened

0 Kudos
Survey9549
Reel Rookie

RokuTV - Connecting This may take a minute

Jump to solution

Hello,

I had This message since yesterday : Connecting... This may take a minute.

I Read many topics here and nothing work to fix it.

- try to reset with Button : fail 

We suggest following these instructions with your remote control: press the Home button (5x times), followed by the Up button, then press Rewind (2x times), Fast Forward (2x times), and your Roku device will restart automatically. : fail 

- unplug tv : fail 

- disconnect tv from wifi : fail 

What can i Do now ? Buy a Sony tv ? 😅

0 Kudos
Survey9549
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Nothing work for me since 3 f**King Days.

Frustration Level is high. Support here us not famous

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.