Issue Tracking Board

Status updates, outage reports, fixes, and workarounds. Subscribe to a thread be notified of updates!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dee099
Reel Rookie

Re: [FIXED] Roku TV - OTA channels may not be showing up

Jump to solution

Neither roku tv are connecting to my internet for over 8 days now

0 Kudos
Grailpuffin
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Not [FIXED] here.

I have two TCL/Roku televisions:  75R617 & 48FX3700 and neither will play back any Roku Channel live or streaming content.

Per TCL Support: I've also done a soft reset (unplug/hold power button 15 seconds/ replug), a factory reset (pin in back of set held for 15 seconds and all settings reset) in addition to the menu reset of Home > Settings > System > Power > Restart

Nothing seems to be fixing this problem yet. Canned Roku streaming content does not connect, live Roku channel streaming comes up black. 

My OTA channels from broadcast stations via antenna work fine as does Netflix, Disney+, Amazon Prime as well as all other available apps. Only the Roku Channel is not working and been degrading since last year when channels started to fall off - and now all channels are gone.

What do you suggest?

0 Kudos
elsapad71

Jump to solution

0 Kudos
Wayneallen

Jump to solution

I need to speak speak to a person in customer service 813-310-4375 

0 Kudos
drewsebe
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I've tried the fix, with no change. I see all of my channels, but when I click on any of my saved channels, or the live tv icon, I get the following error message, "Unfortunately, we were unable to play this content. Please try again later." This started 5 or 6 days ago...HELP (I use a firestick, but never issues with the Roku Channel).

0 Kudos
jpasco

Jump to solution

The reboot did not resolve the problem.  I cannot connect to my external antenna to access local stations. I am not able to access The Today Show on NBC. Please offer further assistance

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi community users!

We really do appreciate the attempts at resolving this and for keeping us posted on how it goes.

Could you please provide us with the tracker ID by pressing the Home button five times, then the Back button five times.

We'll be anticipating it.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Grailpuffin
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Issue report tracker

Model: 8138x - Roku TV

Serial number: YS00US21236 (L4V97U210236)
Software version: 12.00 * build 4182-30
GC version: 9.5.513
Timestamp: 2023-08-21T18:56:13Z

Please use issue ID 36-335-216 to report the current issue.

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Grailpuffin,

Thanks for keeping us updated!

Please be advised that we have passed along the information you provided to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation.

Once we have available updates, we'll make sure to update this Community thread.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

Warm regards,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
Grailpuffin
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

To follow up, I believe I've uncovered the problem and resolved the situation.  It's a problem of regions and if anyone moves from Canada to USA or vice versa might potentially encounter this same problem on their Roku device or Roku television.

Our problem was a little more unique, but let me run through the situation and solution.

We used to live in Point Roberts, WA USA, on the Canadian border. Although in the USA, our internet service was provided by a Canadian company and as result any geolocation checking would show up as being in Canada. As a result, when I created my Roku account it registered as Canadian and as result eventually my access to USA based Roku content became less and less and eventually degraded to the point of completely not working - I was unable to access any of the content I was used to in Point Roberts, WA after relocating to a different town in Washington state where we have a U.S. based ISP.

This weekend I created a fresh U.S. based account from Bellingham, WA  and tried using that on my TCL Roku TV. Success! Suddenly the range of content became available and everything now works as it should.

0 Kudos