Issue Tracking Board

Status updates, outage reports, fixes, and workarounds. Subscribe to a thread be notified of updates!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jmoran
Reel Rookie

Tv screen frozen after software update

Jump to solution

I did the update 13 today. Now the screen stays at a red screen with TCL Roku TV in the top left corner and the correct time shows on the upper right corner. Nothing works now cannot go to Home Screen   I tried a tv reset and it is the same. I also unplugged the tv and powered it back up. Same problem!  Any ideas on how to fix this ?

0 Kudos

TCL Roku TV won’t boot properly.

Jump to solution

Tv boots to a black screen ( like a starry outer space type background ) only thing on the screen is TCL - Roku TV and the current time.  Nothing else, Remote can turn the tv on and off but cannot access and menus or channels.   I have tried unplugging from power and also tried the reset button in the back. Neither helped. Any suggestions ???

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Tv screen frozen after software update

Jump to solution

Greetings from the Roku Community, @Jmoran!

Thank you for reporting this to us. We are aware of the issue you're currently experiencing after receiving the software update and are currently in the process of investigating the cause. 

Kindly check my post above and provide me with those details. 

I'll be looking forward to your update!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jmoran
Reel Rookie

Re: Hisense Roku TV - No Menu - Stuck on Clock Screen

Jump to solution

I chatted with someone on your team and the issue was resolved after we did a factory reset. Thanks

0 Kudos
JetBl4ck9
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Lucky. I did three factory resets and after it updates it’s the same issue. Glad yours is fixed though!

renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: TCL Roku TV won’t boot properly.

Jump to solution

We're seeing several reports of this.  Some have fixed it with a factory reset; some have not.  To factory reset it, locate the reset button on the back of the TV and press and hold it for no less than 30 seconds with the power connected.  Depending if your model supports it, it may put it into to recovery mode which is all right.  The TV should either be in recovery mode or back to the "Let's get started" screen.  If it's not, you may not have held the button long enough.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Mary229

Roku TV stuck on clock Screen

Jump to solution

My Roku TV is stuck on clock screen. It is frozen The time is in the upper right corner and the Roku TV logo in the left. I can turn the TV on and off with the remote. Please help.

0 Kudos
SavageDragon
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Here is the info I pulled up from my TV. 

Issue report tracker

Model: D204X - Roku TV

Serial number: X00700WHKR7S (S07C919HKR7S)

Software version: 13.0.0 • build 24062-CP

GC version: 11.4.29

Timestamp: 2024-06-14T00:31:47Z

Please use issue ID 7S-237-631 to report the current issue.

OK

Hisense

0 Kudos
tech_helper
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku TV stuck on clock Screen

Jump to solution

Hello.  There is a similar discussion thread about this issue.

https://community.roku.com/t5/Discussions/Hisense-Roku-TV-No-Menu-Stuck-on-Clock-Screen/td-p/974996

I hope this helps.

0 Kudos
tech_helper
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I believe my Hisense model 40H4G has the same problem.  It was working on June 6 then failed on June 7.  It powers on but is stuck on a mainly blue screen with some graphics and the clock.  It does not respond to the remote control.  I tried a factory reset and it prompted to connect to the wi-fi.  It tried to update but it returned to the same blue screen.

I contacted Hisense and they referred me to contact Roku for the firmware.  I figured it is due to a failed update and it seems many other people are experiencing the same issue.  The TV has not been working for nearly a week.  Can it be fixed?

20240607_214608.jpg

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.