Issue Tracking Board

Status updates, outage reports, fixes, and workarounds. Subscribe to a thread be notified of updates!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
_Joanna_
Reel Rookie

No menu or settings on screen

Jump to solution

IMG_2709.jpeg

The menu and settings are gone. How do I get them back?

0 Kudos
kgihring
Channel Surfer

ROKU TV 43R4A5R blank screen

Jump to solution

ROKU TV 43R4A5R worked fine this afternoon but this evening would only show a blank screen, except for the ROKU TV logo in the upper left corned and the time in the upper right corner.  Changing the volume with the remote also shows in the upper right corner but the rest of the screen is blank.  Went through all the online troubleshooting procedures but nothing changed.  As a last resort I initiated Recovery Mode.  The screen then showed the "ROKU" characters doing their "dance" for a few seconds, followed by a message saying to wait for connection.  That lasted a few more seconds and then the screen went blank again just as before.  I've requested and received an Issue ID but don't know what to do with it.

Roku TV model G845X

Serial Number X01200XJU776

S/W version 13.0.0

Issue ID 76-229-243

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: No menu or settings on screen

Jump to solution

Have you tried unplugging the power for several seconds?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
_Joanna_
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Yeah I did that and even did a reset.

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: ROKU TV 43R4A5R blank screen

Jump to solution

Thanks for bringing this issue to our attention and for elaborating it. We're happy to help you with this.

Kindly try performing the below steps to see if you can resolve the issue:

1. Power-cycle your Roku TV: unplug it from the wall power outlet and plug it back in.
  2. Check for updates: Go to Settings > System > Software Update > Check Now.
  3. If possible, restart your Roku TV by going to Settings > System > Power (if you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step) > System Restart.

Additionally, for the last resort, kindly try a factory reset: Go to Settings > System > Advanced system settings > Factory reset. 

Note: We'll mark this post as solved, but if the instructions above don't resolve the issue for you, please let us know or reply to this thread for further assistance. We're here to help, and we'll be glad to assist you further.

Kind regards,
Janadee
Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@_Joanna_, I think a factory reset or recovery mode (if your TV has it) are all that's left.

How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device? | Official Roku Support

How to use Recovery Mode on your Roku TV™ | Official Roku Support

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
kgihring
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Your instructions have not and will not resolve the issue.

Power cycling the TV was the first thing I tried and it changed nothing.

I know I'm repeating myself, but the screen is blank, so suggesting that I go to Settings > System > etc. is impossible.  The screen is blank.  There is nothing on the screen.

I hear an audible click whenever a button on the remote is pushed, but nothing else.  The screen remains blank.

As I've already described, I even initiated Recovery Mode, but even that still resulted in a blank screen.

Please re-read my description of the problem and you'll see that your instructions couldn't possibly address this particular problem.

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thank you for the precise details, @kgihring.

We appreciate all the steps you have taken to try to fix the issue. Please send us the latest tracker ID for your Roku TV. When you see this issue occur, press the home button five times, followed by the back button five times, and provide us with this ID.

We'll wait for your response.

Regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
kgihring
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

The issue ID is 76-229-243

0 Kudos
JetBl4ck9
Reel Rookie

Hisense Roku TV - No Menu - Stuck on Clock Screen

Jump to solution

A couple of days ago my small Hisense Roku TV stopped displaying its main menu and only displays a screen with the Hisense - Roku TV written on the top left and the current time on the top right. I have left it sitting there for hours, and it never changes. I have tried powering it down and starting it up, and it never changes. I have tried doing a factory reset (full-wipe with small button held), after entering Wi-Fi data it updates, restarts, and brings me back to the same clock screen. I have tried the remote button presses (5 home, up, rewind, fastforward) and the TV restarts and takes me back to this screen. 

I have a feeling this update is messed up and I can't find a way to rollback the update or even download an older update on USB. Any thoughts? 

Model D204X Roku TV, Software V 13.0.0 build 24062-CP

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.