Issue Tracking Board

Status updates, outage reports, fixes, and workarounds. Subscribe to a thread be notified of updates!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cbgavin

Re: Wifi Not Staying Connected, drops every 10 minutes.

Jump to solution
  • Internet Service Provider (ISP): Optimum Altice 
  • Router/Modem Brand & Model:  gateway 6
  • Roku Device Details:
    • TCL Roku Tv  40S325
    • YK00TH069571
    • Device ID. JAA95T069571
    • Software OS/Version 13.00
  • Tracker ID: Please provide this number if possible.
  • What troubleshooting steps everytime tv is turned back on I need to do a network reset. The tv then finds the network connection and gets in with an excellent connection but when tv is shut off it doesn’t reconnect  automatically 
0 Kudos
BDCT2024
Channel Surfer

Re: Wifi Not Staying Connected, drops every 10 minutes.

Jump to solution

Posting our tech issues on this site is a waste of time.  I posted mine a week ago they have yet to do anything.  I installed a ROKU stick and everything is working fine now.

0 Kudos
RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku instantly disconnects from wifi

Jump to solution

Welcome, @strawberrygal1.

Thanks for taking the time to post it here in the Roku Community!

We understand that you're experiencing unintended behavior with your Roku, which keeps you disconnected from the internet. We are here to help you investigate this issue. For further review and case investigation, kindly provide the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and OS version. (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID)
  • Internet Service Provider (ISP)
  • Router/Modem Brand & Model

With this information, we can forward the issue to our appropriate Roku Team for a thorough review and to determine the root cause of the problem.

Please keep us posted for faster resolution.

All the best,
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
strawberrygal1
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku instantly disconnects from wifi

Jump to solution

Thank you for getting back with me! Here is the info requested. 

Device Model: Roku onn model 100012589. 

Serial #: X00700418MFA

Device ID: S06D50918MFA

OS Version: 13

I clicked on my show and it managed to play but as soon as I backed out of it, it had disconnected from the wifi. The tracker ID for that is: FA-263-508. 

Thanks again!

0 Kudos
Jonny0
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku TV Will not Connect to Network after being Turned off

Jump to solution

Kash,

Any update or outlook?  And are you going to re-split the two issues?

The problem:

The Roku TV always makes the Wifi connection and keeps it, if the TV had a power restart (either thru the home menu, or re-plugging it's power cord).  But the Roku TV never makes a Wifi connection if using the remote control to power the TV on.   So obviously the TV software made a change a weeks ago regarding what the TV does when turned off by the remote, turned on by the remote control, or both.  The software programmers should be looking into what code they changed in this area (in early June?), and how this code is different from a power restart.

0 Kudos
williasp
Reel Rookie

Re: Phillips Roku TV (w/built in Roku) loses wifi daily and refuses to connect until everything rebo

Jump to solution

@renojim 

Thanks for the tip.  I followed your suggestion: plugged the Roku stick into the HDMI port, set the stick remote to turn on the TV, set the TV to use the HDMI port when powered on, changed the wallpaper on the Roku stick home page so it is distinguishable from the Roku TV home page.  I also reset the network connection on the TV so it doesn't connect to wifi.  I didn't want to have both the stick and the TV connected to wifi.

So far (OK, only three days), it seems to work well.  The stick hasn't lost the wifi connection.  I keep it plugged in so it always has power.

All that said, I'm still puzzled why the TV itself kept losing the wifi connection and refused to reconnect unless I went through multiple steps as previously described.

0 Kudos
Jerkface66

internet will not connect for my 65" ONN ROKU tv that was purchased yesterday 07/01/2024

Jump to solution

we purchased a 65" ONN ROKU TV yesterday and followed the setup and tv connected to out t-mobile 5g router with no problem. We logged into our YOUTUBE TV and everything worked fine with no issues. We turned the tv off and went to dinner and about 1hr later we got home turned on the tv and NO INTERNET CONNECTION. I restarted the router, no luck, restarted the roku, no luck, did a factory reset, no luck. Turned on my hotspot and it connected no problem. turned off the hotspot, no internet connection. This is a brand new tv it should not be having these issues. Everything else including two more ONN ROKU tv's connect as soon as you turn them on.......Please advise as to what the issue is and no it is not a network issue.....

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: internet will not connect for my 65" ONN ROKU tv that was purchased yesterday 07/01/2024

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

Thank you for keeping us posted!

Please be aware that we are still investigating this issue you had with the Roku TV, which keeps disconnecting from your home network.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

Kind regards,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Flynavy

Re: Roku TV |Network Connection Issues After OS Update

Jump to solution

I had to change my Xfinity password. After the change a couple weeks ago, the Roku will not reconnect and throws a 14.30 error. I did not try reconnecting this TV until this past Sunday, June 30th. The TV is less than 20 feet from the modem, the TV sees the network signal as strong. I have restarted the modem and TV. I spent over an hour with TCL support and none of their fixes worked, including a full reset to factory settings. My Eathernet connectionto the TV works fine. I have 3 phones, a tablet, 2 laptops and a Sony Brava TV and 2 wireless printers. All reconnected with no issues. My WiFi is 1,200 MBS. Roku Model 55S401, SN YN00P3311830 (CN685P311830), Software Version 13.0.0, ID 30-264-851

0 Kudos
BDCT2024
Channel Surfer

Re: internet will not connect for my 65" ONN ROKU tv that was purchased yesterday 07/01/2024

Jump to solution

You Roku tech support people have been saying this for 10 days now.  Honestly, this is unacceptable.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.