Issue Tracking Board

Status updates, outage reports, fixes, and workarounds. Subscribe to a thread be notified of updates!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ElsieAggie
Reel Rookie

Re: Remote skips or jumps over multiple channel tiles

Please fix this. My remote is new!

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Remotes skipping multiple channels

Hi @ElsieAggie,

Greetings and welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for sharing this up with us, and we got the workaround for this issue. Let's try to address this by following this step: Navigate to Settings > System > Power > (skip if you don't see this sub-menu) System Restart. After this, kindly check if you're still seeing the issue.

Tell us more about the results.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Bob-SF,

We appreciate you keeping us informed and letting us know how things are progressing with this issue.

We'll need your help in this case. Could please provide with us the device ID (this can be found from Settings>System>About. Kindly also include a tracker ID when the issue occur (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).

Please keep up us posted!

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

My Nvidia Shield TV device broke so I am back to using the TCL Roku. There is no restart other than a factory reset, which I am not doing. I have noticed that certain apps Youtube TV, Youtube, Prime Video, Hulu do not have this issue. The free streaming apps are the ones that seem to have this problem of the remote "sending" multiple key presses. Actually, it is probably an issue with the app software which receives the remotes input. I loaded the Plex app because I only had it on the Shield TV device. I could not even get signed in because the keypad entry with the remote would skip all over and couldn't get my password entered!!!  Roku engineers should be able to figure this out and get a fix out ASAP, or maybe they hire offshore programmers???? 

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @TBPoolplayer,

Warm greetings from the Roku community!

We really do appreciate you reaching out and sharing additional insight about this issue.

Roku TVs may have different settings when it comes to performing a system restart. Try to navigate from Settings>System>Power>System Restart. You can also unplug the TV and rest it for at least 10–15 minutes before plugging it back in.

I hope this works for you. Thanks!

Regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
chrisdem
Channel Surfer

This started for me recently as well.  Restarting the device will fix the issue for me for a bit, but it seems to happen again a few days or weeks later.  This happens on all my Roku devices (Roku Ultra, Roku TV, Ultra LT).  This issue did not happen until a few months ago for me.  I have been using Roku for years.

0 Kudos
GEODEA62
Reel Rookie

Removing batteries from the remote and unplugging the Roku for 30 minutes does work. I replugged the Roku and put the batteries back in the remote and then turned the TV on with the TV remote (Roku remote wouldn't do this now). I chose a streaming channel and tried the remote. It worked like it should now. 

I've read that this happens every time Roku does any kind of update. Fix that.

0 Kudos
Francesb

Same problem here. I downloaded the Roku app and the remote in the app works fine. 
For a remote, the phone isn't as comfortable in your hand, but it works.. and it's backlit to boot.

Oh! and it has voice, which helps a lot for typing in passwords or email addresses. Alternatively, there is a keyboard you can use.

0 Kudos
Clee2112

Thank you, but my remote is rechargeable. Still looking for a fix for the skipping.

0 Kudos
UncleBrenty
Streaming Star

The problem is not with your actual Roku remote.  The problem is with Roku's programming for the remotes.  This has been an ongoing issue since July 2023.  Try the fix that has worked for me for over 3 weeks on my Roku TCL Series 5 and 6 TVs, Roku Ultra and ONN Roku TV, among others.

On the Roku HOME screen press SETTINGS on the left side of the screen then SYSTEM then SOFTWARE UPDATE.

After your Roku is fully updated press OK then go to SETTINGS and then to POWER and then to SYSTEM RESTART then RESTART.   After your Roku device restarts the remote should work normally again.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.