Issue Tracking Board

Status updates, outage reports, fixes, and workarounds. Subscribe to a thread be notified of updates!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Snickyt-2023
Reel Rookie

Re: Missing characters in text boxes

I created an Issue ID (92-390-294) on September 29th. I forgot to mention that the wonky text appears in the close captioning first and when I back out to the home screen the text on the left side is wonky too. I first noticed it viewing the HSN+QVC channel and then it started happening on all the channels.

0 Kudos
NJ_Steve
Reel Rookie

I have isolated the problem (at least on my TV). 

When I use the Kanopy app, the missing characters issue starts and then carries over to other apps and the overall Roku screen. If I restart my Roku device, the problem goes away (even for Kanopy). If I turn off my TV and then back on again, and then to Kanopy, the problem reoccurs. 

It may just be Kanopy or perhaps some common platform that Kanopy and other apps use. 

0 Kudos
Astodols

Been having this issue for at least two months now. The issue occurs regardless of the application, and often impacts the Home Screen as well. Restarting the device from System Restart usually seems to help at first but then the text disappears again. This issue is frequently recurring at this point.

Tracker ID: 88-424-643

IMG_0349.jpeg

IMG_0350.jpeg

0 Kudos

Newly reported issues mean that this issue is not widespread and we are still gathering information to help solve the issue. If the issue is a channel-facing issue, then we will work with the channel partner to help solve the issue.

0 Kudos
NJ_Steve
Reel Rookie

I was having this problem in conjunction with the Kanapy app (which now appears to be fixed). However, the problem still appears when using the Paramount+ app. 

0 Kudos
LH55125
Reel Rookie

Almost two months since the post saying fix in the next update (see 9/10 post). Any updates? Holiday season is approaching and lots of choices to replace these Rokus. Should we be considering them? Thanks. 

RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, Community users.

Thanks for keeping us updated regarding the missing texts/characters issue. We recommend checking for an available system update by navigating to Settings > System > System Update. If there's an available one, go ahead and update your Roku device.

Once it updates, let us know if the issue persists.

Please provide us with updates as we appreciate your responses regarding this matter.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
FooFoo
Binge Watcher

I would appreciate it if you could provide the specific version number of this update.   Since roku's automatically update I'm not sure if  the version currently installed is the updated version or not. 

0 Kudos
Chritsang
Reel Rookie

20231106_223702.jpg

It's doing it again with PlutoTV.  I did do the update.

0 Kudos
LH55125
Reel Rookie

I have not had recurrence of the missing text for several days. Hoping it’s fixed! 

0 Kudos