Issue Tracking Board

Status updates, outage reports, fixes, and workarounds. Subscribe to a thread be notified of updates!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Broadway6
Reel Rookie

Re: Missing Text and/or boxes in place of text

I see this almost every day on almost any app.  I just had to restart my Roku bc of missing letters in the Peacock app. When I left the peacock app, Roku itself was missing letters as I made my way to the reset section.   

Digital-Dave
Channel Surfer

Re: Missing Text and/or boxes in place of text

I'm getting the same as mentioned by others, and have been seeing this for at least a few weeks now. ... I usually see it happen when I'm in an app, such as Sling, Peacock, Max, etc. Once the letters are missing or have the blocks, it appears to be the same on all the apps I use. - I've been simply restarting the Roku, and this usually resets it, but I understand folks mentioning they can't see the words to reset it. I just happen to remember the sequence to get there from home... Up click, Up click, double Up and click twice. - Yeah, I've done this quite a bit since owning the unit. 

So far I think I'm only seeing this on the one Roku in my living room, which is probably the oldest. So I was wondering if the unit itself was dying? It's also the only one I get the "Your device is over-heating" as well. This seems to do this most times when I'm on YouTube for some reason? But it has appeared while on one of the other apps, but not as much. (FYI - I placed a small fan facing the back of the flat-screen, but have not seen it since) The device in the bedroom my Wife usually watching and does recall seeing this, as well as the one I have in the basement. ... But it is a pain to have to keep resetting. Sometimes it's just once here and there, but sometimes it might be multiple times throughout a day if I'm just watching some stuff while working, etc.

bfierro
Channel Surfer

Re: Missing characters in text boxes

Model 9102R Roku Streambar

Serial #YLOO3937487 (2A1193374878)

Software Version 12.0.0 Build 4184-95

Issue ID 78-333-051

I would post pictures but this reply box just has boxes to write text in when I click the camera icon. The words are missing and jumbled on the Roku Home screen in all areas and inside all apps, but not inside the Prime app. This has been happening for a couple of months now.

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Community users!

Thanks for providing the requested information!

We guarantee that we have passed the information and concern to the appropriate Roku team, who are currently looking closely at the issue and working on it. Once more information is available, we'll make sure to provide an update here in the Roku Community.

We thank you for your patience and understanding with this,

Wishing you the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
1111GD1111
Channel Surfer

We start missing characters. Happens any channel. Only fix if to turn off power to Roku and then plug back in. Not a permanent fix. Roku s/n 7ka695076571.  Model # 4630X.  I have pictures but don't know how to post them. 

0 Kudos
1111GD1111
Channel Surfer

20230818_174009.jpg

0 Kudos
1111GD1111
Channel Surfer

Screenshot_20230824_071900_Gallery.jpg

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @1111GD1111,

Thanks for posting for assistance today here in the Roku Community!

Bringing this to our attention is greatly appreciated, and we would like to help you with this. Could you please provide us with a tracker ID so we can provide an update to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation?

Here's how to get a tracker ID:

Tracker ID - when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).

Your response would be much appreciated.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Fheuxbd
Reel Rookie

Tracker ID 37-340-037

0 Kudos
Slack387

I am also having this issue. I can't restart my system because I can't figure out which button is restart since so many letters are missing. I can't seem to upload a photo correctly. It doesn't let me drag the photo, and when I click the insert picture button it doesn't give me anyway to actually upload the photo. 

0 Kudos