Issue Tracking Board

Status updates, outage reports, fixes, and workarounds. Subscribe to a thread be notified of updates!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Missing characters in text boxes

@Slack387, if you can't navigate to restart, just unplug the power for a few seconds and plug it back in.

As for adding a picture, click on the little camera icon and then click on "Choose files" or are you not seeing that when the Photos popup occurs?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Shenanigans
Reel Rookie

I’m having the same problem. Rebooting the Roku fixes the problem (temporarily), but you can’t see the letters to go to system reboot.  Too bad the power button doesn’t actually allow you to turn the Roku off and on.   

LH55125
Reel Rookie

Same problem I have to restart or power cycle a few times a day. 

0 Kudos
SteveDR83
Reel Rookie

Anyone know why these Roku sticks are failing?  The letters started disappearing a couple weeks ago, I restarted it a couple times and they came back and now it's getting worse.20230827_192436.jpg

0 Kudos
JW13

I have observed (experienced) this on both my streamers on multiple occasions lately and performing power resets restores. However, that hardly seems like an acceptable solution. Hope there is software update to address the issue. Looking forward. Have faith in you folks. 🙂

0 Kudos
o_phuleez
Channel Surfer

@RokuAustin   Yes... restarting fixes it for a little while but then it does it again it can do it if it's been sitting for a while on the same channel and you change it to something else whether it be from sling to Netflix or anything else.

although it does it more on the Roku stick then it does my Roku Sharp TV

might be good for a couple days might have to restart your Roku multiple times a day..

I don't need to send a screenshot because mine looks exactly like the one you posted..

it is you go back and look a couple months you can see it is widespread it's not newly reported because I've been trying to fix it since Roku updated to version 12 along with multiple other people

0 Kudos
JFEREJOHN
Reel Rookie

Been having this issue for at least 6 months.  Tech determined that it was a hardware issue and they replaced our soundbar about a month ago.  The issuebis still occuring.  All aspects were checked, software, internet connectivity,  replaced HDMI Cable and a hard reset which erased all our streaming logins and passwords

• I have pictures.   How do I add them?
0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @JFEREJOHN,

Thanks for the post and for giving us a heads-up about this issue you're experiencing.

It seems like we need more clear information about this. Could you tell us if you're referring to the same exact behavior where there is missing text? If so, have you tried performing a system restart to see if that helps you out?

Tell us more about this so that we'll be able to provide you with assistance.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
DC2023
Reel Rookie

The problem is only getting worse for me. It doesn’t appear Roku is going to fix this issue any time soon. So I went out a bought a Fire stick.  Haven’t set it up yet, but anything is better than Roku at this point.

Jeff225
Reel Rookie

Re: Missing Text and/or boxes in place of text

I have had this problem for months.  It had been limited to one of my 5 Roku devices, well, until last week, when the issue began to appear on another device. And now it is happening more frequently on both. Here are two screen grabs.  As you can see the first one with the Tracker ID is garbled and no information can be viewed.  The second grab which happened later does have some information.  These were both on a Streaming Stick.  Restarting the device will fix the problem until it comes up again.

RokuIssue.jpegRokuIssue1.jpeg

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.