Issue Tracking Board

Status updates, outage reports, fixes, and workarounds. Subscribe to a thread be notified of updates!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
o_phuleez
Channel Surfer

Re: Missing Text and/or boxes in place of text

@RokuJohnB I've tried everything I'm pretty tech savvy so I'm to the point where maybe factory resetting it obviously it's not going to lose the version if I factory reset so what do you think about trying that..

but then again it's everyone's having the problem factory resetting it might not work it's definitely a bug and 12

0 Kudos
giantsfan1976
Channel Surfer

Don’t factory reset, it’s a waste of time. I did that because Roku told me to but it immediately started doing it again. All we can do is hope they send out a software fix. 

Model 4662RW - Roku Ultra LT

Serial YJ0093456947

Device 046079456947

OS 12.0.0 • build 4184-46

Tracker ID 47-303-394

0 Kudos
SuperDolphin
Reel Rookie

Same issues on my end, and it's been going on for a better part of three months.

Three different 4660X - Roku Ultras in two different houses.

All running on software 12.0.0 Build 4184-46.

All have perfect internet connections.

Missing text or boxes are happening with almost every streaming app I use. Boxes are even showing up instead of the loading / buffering circle.

All have gone through factory resets and every basic support request (yes, I've unplugged it and plugged it back in).

Based on the number of people I'm seeing with this problem, it is clearly a software issue that needs to be fixed. Judging by the responses from Roku support, though, they still won't take responsibility for it, and it will be considered a consumer / hardware error, and we'll either have to buy new boxes, or switch to a competitor.

Restarting is a temporary fix at best. I restart every day, sometimes up to 3 times. This has become a real nuisance. We need a permanent solution. 

RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Community users,

We will be more than happy to assist you with your issue, but we will need a couple of details. Can you please provide the following information below?

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).
  • Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to our appropriate Roku team for further investigation.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
brink668
Reel Rookie

Having same issue, it just recently started happening. Issue is only occurring with Roku. My TV does not receive updates and is not on Wi-Fi.

I thought it was something with my HDMI wire , bought a new one same issue.  Now I see this thread.

Not sure how to reproduce, everything was fine in Sling TV went to Home Screen and jumbled/missing text.

Model: 4630X
Software Version: 12.0.0.4184
DeviceID: 7KA6AF237020
Serial Number: VR00FU237020

0 Kudos
SuperDolphin
Reel Rookie

John,

Model: 4660X - Roku Ultra

Serial number: YJ00H6704990 (CK48AH704990)

Software version: 12.0.0 . build 4184-46

GC version: 9.5.513

Timestamp: 2023-08-08T04:21:07Z

Issue ID 90-315-621

The only steps to reproduce is open an app. Doesn't matter which one. I just had it happen before posting this when I opened the Peacock app. Over the weekend, I had it happen on Hulu and Prime Video.

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @SuperDolphin,

Thanks for keeping us posted.

We appreciate you for providing the information and kindly be advised that we have passed along your information and concern to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation. Once more information is available, we'll make sure to provide an update in the Community thread.

In the meantime, your patience and understanding are greatly appreciated.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
patcam1
Reel Rookie

I'm also having this problem on both of my 3810 RW ROKU Streaming Stick +.  I can fix it temporarily by restarting but it keeps recurring.    Both are up to date on the software which may be the problem since I've had them both for years without this happening.  Current software Version: 12.00 Build 4184-50.

0 Kudos