Issue Tracking Board

Status updates, outage reports, fixes, and workarounds. Subscribe to a thread be notified of updates!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: HGTV app stopped working.

Hi @AceP,

Welcome, and thank you for posting here at the Roku Community!

We appreciate you following all possible paths to fix this issue. To clarify, have you followed the proper sequence for rebooting the channel? If not, then we recommend you do so by following the steps below:

1. Remove the HGTV app by highlighting it and pressing the Star (*) button.
2. Restart the Roku device from Settings > System > System Restart (This is a crucial step to clear the channel's cache).
3. Install the HGTV app again. Select Channel Store > Search for the app > Click Add channel.

Also, kindly refer to @RokuLianna's post. If the issue persists, you'll want to Contact HGTV support, for it might be a specific issue with your HGTV account or the app itself. Reach out to HGTV support directly for further assistance. They can access specific troubleshooting steps and investigate any account-related issues.

Let us know if there's anything else you'd still like some assistance with.

Warm regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
alwnc

I too am having issues.  I have opened a ticket with Discovery + and will post if I get resolution; I will admit that they have replied very quickly to my emails.  

Just one piece of information.  I have several Roku devices and only the Roku Model 3920X is having issues; I have three of this model and they all have the same problem.  Model 3930X and my TCL Roku TV 32S327 can access HGTV GO with no issues. 

Scotty1759
Reel Rookie

Good to know. I'm not sure of the Roku model numbers we have, but will check them out. I would be interested in hearing what Discovery tells you. 

Thanks for the post. 

Scott

0 Kudos
Ljb33615

Hgtv app not working on discovery × or max on my roku. No new episodes are loading for some shows pl

Hgtv on my roku not working on max or discovery×. Works fine on other shows.

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Hgtv app not working on discovery × or max on my roku. No new episodes are loading for some s...

Hi @Ljb33615,

Warm greetings from the Roku Community!

Thanks for reaching out regarding this issue. We'd like to see more of what's going on here and see how we can get you up and running.

Let us know...

• When did you start seeing it occur?
  • What troubleshooting steps have been taken so far to resolve this?
  • What Roku device are you using right now (Settings>System>About)?

With detailed information, we'll be able to further zoom into this.

Regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
lo35919

Re: Hgtv app not working on discovery × or max on my roku. No new episodes are loading for some s...

I'm having the same issue. For example, Vacation House Rules has a new 4th season out beginning in June and none of those shows/season is on the HGTV Discovery + offerings. Last night Good Bones premiered and its nowhere on the HGTV Discovery + app. I also noticed under teh "New Episodes" section its including old episodes. I started noticing the inconsistencies on and off for a few months.

I just assumed for whatever reason that Discovery + wasn't offering certain new HGTV content but then, what is the point of paying for the additional subscription??

I use a Roku Premier, plugged into my Samsung smart TV and have tried rebooting the Roku, rebooting my router, all multiple times....no change.

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @lo35919,

Greetings and welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for sharing this information with us, and we'd like to know how we can help. Are you directly subscribed to HGTV Discovery+? If so, you'll want to contact the channel partner directly since they manage their content displayed on Roku. On the other hand, if you're subscribed through Roku Pay, let us know so that we can take a closer look at the situation.

Keep us posted.

All the best
Kash,

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
emilycbor

Re: HGTV GO - Will not load, crashes to home screen

Same issue. Sometimes the app will load no problem, other times it acts like everything is loading and then crashes and takes me back to my Home Screen. 3920X model, device ID ending in 88. 

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: HGTV GO - Will not load, crashes to home screen

Hi @emilycbor,

Thanks for flagging this to us, and welcome to the Roku Community!

We certainly want to assist you, and as a start, kindly refer to @RokuJanadeeK's comment above in this thread to see if the issue resolves your concern.

If the issue persists, let us know so we'll be able to assist you further.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
JLHill

It is not only the HGTVGo app that doesn't load.  The TrvlGo and DestinationAmericaGo app does the same thing. These apps are under the same HGTV account.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.