Issue Tracking Board

Status updates, outage reports, fixes, and workarounds. Subscribe to a thread be notified of updates!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SJMichael

Re: ESPN App Issues - ESPN 3 connection error on replays (Internet Provider Authentication)

Jump to solution

Is there any way to be notified when this issue is resolved?

EricC
Reel Rookie

Re: ESPN App Issues - ESPN 3 connection error on replays (Internet Provider Authentication)

Jump to solution

SOLUTION: Download the ESPN app on a tablet or phone (it should work fine on those) and screen mirror it to your TV was the suggestion I got earlier, worked great, or if you can dvr record it if you can, not ideal solutions, and the core issue needs to be fixed but some workarounds

0 Kudos
GakMan_24

Re: ESPN Playback - Connection Errors

Jump to solution

I'm having a similar issue with my Roku Express. Tried Un-installing the ESPN app and re-installing and still have the same issue. Oddly, I have ESPN plus thru the Hulu bundle (ESPN plus, Hulu, Disney plus) and am getting playback for that thru ESPN, which did'nt happen until a week ago. But now I can't replay any of the regular channel programs on ESPN or ESPN2.

What gives???

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, @GakMan_24 

Welcome to the Roku Community.

We understand the issue you have encountered with the ESPN app on your Roku device, and we appreciate your efforts in performing troubleshooting steps in an attempt to resolve the issue. For this matter, we'd like to gather more information for our team to look further into the issue. Kindly provide the details below:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version. (These can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • What channel and what version/build is the channel that is having the issue? (This can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs. (When you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).
  • A photo or video clip referring to the issue,

We look forward to hearing back from you with the details we have requested. 

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
DTBDFilms
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This problem has happened several times for me over the past few years. It's completely unacceptable and leads me to want to purchase a different company's streaming device in the future. I have 3 Rokus and none of them will play On Demand ESPN content. Each time I try, I get the same error message as the rest of y'all. I've tried all the methods mentioned here but none worked. I also have 2 Amazon Fire devices and they play ESPN on Demand perfectly.

What we need is a permanent solution to this problem and I don't understand why we don't have it already.

RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, Community users.

For those who have experienced the issue, kindly provide the following details as our team is currently investigate on this matter.

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version. (These can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Channel Build Version (You can find this by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button.)
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs. (When you see this issue occur, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID.)
  • A photo or video clip referring to the issue.

We hope for your response regarding this matter.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

It won’t let you cast the content from your phone to the tv. 😡

DTBDFilms
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Do you want us to post that info here or send it to you in some kind of a PM? I'm not crazy about posting any such info in a public forum.

Court12345

Jump to solution

EVERYONE! ESPN has recently updated their streaming app for firesticks, iOS, android, and a few other streaming devices. Roku has not received this update YET. Once they push the update through to Roku everything should go back to normal. It’s not your devices or your internet. It’s ESPN and Roku software teams. 

0 Kudos
DTBDFilms
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hope it is just that passing issue. But, I've found this to be a problem on and off for at least the last at least 1.5 years, probably more like 3 years. I've observed it on all my Rokus (all of them Ultras) and found ESPN really only works spottily on Roku at all.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.