Independent Developer Kit

Learn how to innovate on the Roku platform with the Independent Developer Kit. Reimagine your TV with Roku app development! Join the community for help.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
necrotek
Roku Guru

Experimenting with GLSL Shaders in IDK

I have been experimenting with GLSL shaders from shadertoy.com and seeing how they run on  Roku IDK.  https://github.com/Matt-Moores/Roku_IDK_shaders

3 REPLIES 3
necrotek
Roku Guru

Re: Experimenting with GLSL Shaders in IDK

I just got a new Roku 4K stick and the GLSL shader example I created does not work on this device. It does work on my 2020 Roku ultra.  Does the the Roku stick support a different version of the GLSL?  I have looked through the code only about half the shaders in the package will work.  If I certain shaders are included the shader fails to compile. I have not determined what exactly causes the issue but if I comment out some math operations it will compile but then that shader will not work.  If there is no consistency between devices, that will make it that much more difficult to work with IDK...

0 Kudos
necrotek
Roku Guru

I have determined that this is likely due to Roku stick having half the memory of the Ultra. 

0 Kudos
AndyCC
Reel Rookie

This is awesome!

Is there any chance I could get the source code for this? If it has to stay private that's okay, I'm just curious as to how it works and I would like to take a stab at adding interactivity.

0 Kudos