Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jackstraw65
Binge Watcher

"move channel" function stopped working

Has anyone else found that the "move channel" feature suddenly fails to work recently? I rely heavily on this to organize my channels and it has worked fine until a couple weeks ago; now after moving and "installing" a channel tile to the desired spot, it refuses to "stay put". The very next time I access home screen, the channel has moved to a previous/random spot. Worse with channel tiles near the end/bottom.

7 REPLIES 7
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Re: "move channel" function stopped working

Hello @jackstraw65

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community!

Our recommendation is to check for system updates on your Roku device, as updating to the latest operating system may resolve the issue you are experiencing. After updating your device, we suggest checking to see if the original issue still persists. For more in-depth guidance on how to check for system updates, please visit our Support page at Update the software on your streaming devices

We would appreciate an update on your findings.

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
zenish
Streaming Star

Yes! Started after the late June update for us.

totally buggy & unreliable— fails 99% of the time.

what is the deal Roku?

can’t watch Britbox at all. Can’t move channels 99% of the time.

really buggy, not fixed for months.

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @jackstraw65,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We see that you're seeing this behavior going on, and we'd like to take a closer look into this and see how we can get you up and running.

Let us know...

• When did you start seeing the issue occur?
  • What Roku device are you using right now, and what OS version (this can be found in Settings>System>About)?
  • Does a simple restart help fix the problem, or does it come back even after resetting it?

With more detailed information, we'll be able to zoom into this.

Best regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @zenish,

Appreciate your post!

We'd be more than happy to take a peek into this and help you get started.

Could you tell us if a simple restart helped solve the problem? Also, have you tried reinstalling the app, making sure to restart your device, before adding it back to see if you're still seeing the same issue occur? Is this an isolated case for the Britbox channel, or does it affect the rest of the channels on the platform?

Once we have a clearer grasp on the situation, we'll be able to provide you with the appropriate next steps.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jackstraw65
Binge Watcher

Hi zenish

Just found your message as I have not really been on the computer for a few days. Good to know someone else has this same issue.

0 Kudos
jackstraw65
Binge Watcher

Hello

This issue began in the days prior to my post; so it suddenly started around this past April, having always worked fine until then.

A re-start does not seem to have any effect. The issue remains as described: I use the 'move channel' arrows to position the channel where I want it but frequently find it has moved to another random spot next time I return to the home page.

I have the Roku streaming stick 3600RW.   I see no "OS version" listed on the settings page you mentioned; if you are referring to software version, that is 12.0.0  build 4184-24.

Thanks,    jackstraw65

0 Kudos
denhow
Roku Guru

There's another thread about this issue which reports the results of some experimentation but the Roku moderators here don't seem to have noticed it.

This thread: https://community.roku.com/t5/Channels-viewing/Roku-Channel-Menu-Randomly-is-moving-channels-around/... 

0 Kudos