Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Csw
Reel Rookie

iPhone app Headphone mode not working

While trying to use private listening on either my Roku TV or a Roku stick on a different TV, I get sound for about 2 seconds, then the sound cuts out completely. This just started happening today. The sound no longer works on my iPhone nor my wife’s iPhone. I’ve deleted and redownloaded the apps, restarted the Roku TV and stick, restarted my phone….

The app software version is 10.2.1.13047499.6

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
6E616D65
Roku Guru

disregard

0 Kudos
RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: iPhone app Headphone mode not working

Hi @Csw,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku Community!

We understand you are having difficulty using the Headphones mode (private listening) feature on your Roku devices. We want to take this opportunity to investigate further and provide assistance.

• What specific channel are you experiencing the issue in? Is it on a stand-alone app or inside the Roku Channel?
  • If inside The Roku Channel, is it On-demand or on Live TV?
  • Are you using Bluetooth or wired headphones?

You can also try using different headphones to see if this works. If you need more help, visit this support article: How to resolve an issue with Headphone Mode.

If this doesn't resolve the issue, please let us know.

All the best,
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Csw
Reel Rookie

Hello,

The issue occurs on both Roku devices on every app. I’ve tried two Bluetooth headphones on my iPhone and my wife has tried one Bluetooth headphone on her iPhone. We both have the same issue.

Thanks

0 Kudos
RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thank you for the additional information provided @Csw.

If none of the troubleshooting steps are working, please make sure that your headphones are connected to your mobile phone rather than to your Roku TV/device. If your issue persists, please attempt the following steps for potential resolution:

1. Navigate to your Home on your Roku Device.
  2. Go to Settings, then scroll down to Audio.
  3. Select Audio mode.
  4. Confirm that the mode is set to Auto.

After completing the steps, you may want to consider trying the following troubleshooting procedures in sequence:

1. Unplug the power from the Roku device/TV.
  2. Restart your Router by unplugging the power cable, waiting 10 seconds, and reconnecting it.
  3. Wait a few minutes for your Router to re-establish the internet connection.
  4. Reconnect the power cable to the Roku Device/TV.

If the troubleshooting steps provided do not resolve the issue, we strongly recommend that you keep us informed for further assistance.

Best Regards,
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
dangerdanv

hi

i have the same problem and tried the steps but headphone mode still doesn't work. i have a roku and a streaming stick and it doesn't work on either of them. this only started happening a week or two ago. nothing about my setup or phone has changed. please let me know what else i can try or if this is a known issue for the iphone app.

thank you

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @dangerdanv,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We would be more than happy to investigate this issue with the headphone mode further, but we need more details.

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Roku mobile app? To clarify, both your mobile and Roku devices are connected to the same wireless network.

To help troubleshoot the issue, follow this link: How to use headphones with the Roku® mobile app for private listening.

Please keep us posted on how it goes.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.