Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stripelesstiger
Channel Surfer

Re: Youtube app audio is skipping and choppy with Private Listening

I all but gave up on this ever working again, but I accidentally opened the Roku app with my headphones in while Youtube was up on my tv and it just worked. I have changed nothing! It just all the sudden works again.

None of the other proposed solutions in this thread or temporary solutions were consistent for me. I tried them all. But today randomly it works again.

This is the MOST bittersweet event as there is not a 100% confirmed reason or something that can be pointed to as the cause, or  anything specific that fixed it. So either it was solved silently, or just was happenchance some auto-update coincidence or reset I am not privy to.

Either way, mine works again but I took no action personally to solve it.

Update: The only thing I have done differently is watched a movie on my living room tv, which uses a Roku stick that is set never to shutoff (just goto sleep). I typically don't use that TV (its been months) but I did last week. I wonder if them both being on the same network has anything to do with it.

0 Kudos
PeteWalker74
Channel Surfer

Hi there. Thanks for this workaround. Any idea when we can expect a fix, since it's just the YouTube app that is exhibiting this behavior? Is this something that is actively being worked on? If so, what's the priority of it? Thank you so much.

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @stripelesstiger and @PeteWalker74,

We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. Our team is currently investigating this issue; thus, we need to collect more information. Please provide us with the following:

• Roku device or TV model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Mobile device brand and build version
  • Roku app version

We are hoping for your response.

Regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
LindsayDD
Reel Rookie

I got so used to plugging in earbuds for YT after months of this that I hadn't even tried my Bluetooth earbuds until your reply. I tried it and it works...finally! Hopefully it continues working and this doesn't happen again. It was so frustrating!

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Community users,

We will be locking this thread because of its outdated status. If you still having issues related to this thread, please look through the Community for another thread that addresses the same problem. If there aren't any existing threads, you are more than welcome to create a new one.

Best regards,
Roku Community Team

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos