Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
venomzeus
Reel Rookie

Re: Youtube app audio is skipping and choppy with Private Listening

Same issue here it started about 7-10 days ago.

HPesante

I had the same problem with my bluetooth headphones. I tried some wirre cable ones and it solve the problem. The problem is with wireless headphones and only on YouTube. I can live with that, at least until Roku solve the problem.

0 Kudos

@JSongne  BLESS YOU. Thank you so much, this worked for me

0 Kudos
venomzeus
Reel Rookie

I accidentally found a trick that makes it sound better although it still cracks a little at times so it's not perfect.

Open youtube.

Play video.

Hit star on your remote 4x straight to access accessibility mode. The sound will be better but not 100%. To turn off accessibility you need to hit 4x stars again. 

0 Kudos
Ukorbdc

This worked. 

0 Kudos
CJIzzo

Mine had me do a point my phone at the tv and fill a box thing and it seems fixed for now. 
Audio Delay for the win? 

0 Kudos
LakerBoy44

I have had the same problem with YouTube only, although it seems as though some videos will play better or with no audio drop out. None of my other Roku Apps do this, and this is a relatively brand new issue. I have 2 Roku Ultras and numerous other Roku TV’s and products and have been streaming YouTube through the Roku App and private listening with my iPhone for years with no problems. The earphones are also not the problem because it is malfunctioning no matter which set I use. 

I have found that simply pausing the video seems to reset the audio, but it usually begins to drop the audio once again leading to a cycle of pausing/playing my videos until I painstakingly get through the content. 

RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @LakerBoy44,

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community, and thanks for posting this issue!

We understand you're having a problem with the YouTube channel. We're happy to help. Please be advised that while you're connected and watching a YouTube video, go to the Roku app settings (the tiny cog wheel on the device's remote). Select audio delay, choose manual adjustment, set the maximum value, and then set the value to 0 milliseconds. Turn the toggle for private listening on and off by returning to the first screen.

Let us know how it works.

Best regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
venomzeus
Reel Rookie

That won't work for me. There's no manual window for me. As soon as I hit get started the youtube app crashes.

0 Kudos
venomzeus
Reel Rookie

Figured out why it was crashing had to go back to my roku phone settings and allow permission for the mic. Now it worked and distorted sound as gone on YouTube.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.