Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bestman

Where is My Feed Menu Option

Today I attempted to access My Feed on the Roku main menu, it wasn't there, it appears to have been replaced by Tokyo 2021 Olympics.  I went to the option to re-add to this menu and My Feed was not there.  Am I missing something and, if not, is there a way to add My Feed back to this menu?

34 REPLIES 34
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Re: Where is My Feed Menu Option

You didnt mention your model name/# or firmware version:  Settings/System/About

I'm not seeing this behavior (it may be a temporary UI change rolling out).

Try restarting your device:  Settings/System/System restart/Restart

barfly
Channel Surfer

I'm having same issue exactly. Restarted, unplugged my Ultra stayed the same! Roku TV in another room was showing my feed when I did a manual update my Roku TV went to the Olympics. Another TV in another bedroom with a Roku Ultra Kept the My Feed.. Something to do with a Roku Update Error so I hope they fix it soon so that I don't loose my item's, what a way to start off a Saturday morning!!

StreamerUser
Roku Guru

To make the "2020 Tokyo Olympics" Home screen option appear: 

1) Go to Settings/Home Screen and show/hide "Featured Free" + "Movie Store and TV Store" + "My Offers" (show them all or hide them all - try it both ways).

2) The "2020 Tokyo Olympics" setting then appears both here (Settings/Home screen/2020 Tokyo Olympics) and at the Home screen and is enabled ("show") by default - you can choose Hide to disable it.

richddean
Streaming Star

I have the same issue on 3 of the 4 Roku's in my house. I hope it is not permanent. I liked the Feed option

Feed is missing on Roku Models:

Roku Ultra

Roku TV

Roku 3800x - Roku Streaming Stick

Feed is still there:

Roku 3930x - Roku Express

barfly
Channel Surfer

Thanks but that's not the issue. I removed the Olympics that appeared this morning but the My Feed Link on the home screen was deleted & replaced with the Olympics Link by Roku so not I can't check on the new movie list that I had by clicking on the My Feed Link.

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

@barfly wrote:

Thanks but that's not the issue. I removed the Olympics that appeared this morning but the My Feed Link on the home screen was deleted & replaced with the Olympics Link by Roku so not I can't check on the new movie list that I had by clicking on the My Feed Link.

That's definitely an issue - the replacement of "My Feed" by "2020 Tokyo Olympics" should be temporary, though for how long remains to be seen - best case scenario My Feed returns this coming Monday - worst case scenario it returns Monday August 9th (day after the closing ceremony).

Plan for the worst case.

(Its also possible they issue a UI update to allow both to appear, though I wouldnt plan on it)

Karen1313

I am having the same problem. My Feed is gone and. 2020 Tokyo Olypics is in its place i want my feed back 

Dininonymous
Streaming Star

For what it’s worth, my “My Feed” is also missing from my home menu as of 7/17 - I have the Streaming Stick+. On 7/16 it was still there, however BOTH “My Feed” and “2020 Tokyo Olympics” lines were there, so I don’t think the Olympics actually replaced My Feed. Whether the two are related, I have no idea, but both options were listed for me, briefly. Must be a glitch, and I hope they fix it. 

StreamerUser
Roku Guru

@Dininonymous wrote:

For what it’s worth, my “My Feed” is also missing from my home menu as of 7/17 - I have the Streaming Stick+. On 7/16 it was still there, however BOTH “My Feed” and “2020 Tokyo Olympics” lines were there, so I don’t think the Olympics actually replaced My Feed. Whether the two are related, I have no idea, but both options were listed for me, briefly. Must be a glitch, and I hope they fix it. 

Its most often the case that when Roku implements temporary UI changes (menus/themes/wallpapers/screensavers) for promotional/ad/"seasonal"/holiday purposes, that a pre-existing item/element is replaced by the temporary item/element (device memory/coding efficiency considerations).

On all my different models, this is the case with "My Feed" and "Tokyo Olympics 2020". 

Preferably they could co-exist, with the setting to show/hide each- and if Roku were to code that as a "fix" that would satisfy (almost all) parties.

However, given the facts and past behavior by Roku, this is very unlikely to happen (though it would be welcome if it did).

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.