Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aa5gp

Re: When you press ok to Agree Dispute Resolution Terms nothing happens.

Same for me. I have s smart tv and a Roku stick and I pressed OK to no avail. However, using the Roku app on my phone returns control of my Roku TV stick and it works fine. Don't know what Roku is up to but I don't appreciate it.

0 Kudos
NanKen

This is what my insignia roku tv is doing also.  Some have answered that you have to use the original tv remote to hit agree but I only have a universal remote for tv and a roku express remote for streaming channels. Don’t know what they did but they better figure it out and fix this issue. 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@NanKen, try using the Roku mobile app on your phone as a remote.

Roku Mobile App - Free for iOS® or Android™ | Roku

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Pr3c3pt
Reel Rookie

@RokuMary-F 

My parents have a TCL Roku TV in their retirement home and they do not have the original remote, I also don’t have access to the facility’s network and the update blocks the TV from doing anything so I can’t use to app remote. Whoever designed and implemented the rollout of this update should be pelted by every single lost Roku remote in the world.

0 Kudos
Pr3c3pt
Reel Rookie

It is a TCL Roku TV Model 32S335

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community, @Pr3c3pt!

Our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused you. No worries! We're here to offer a resolution so you can navigate to your Home screen again and set up the Roku mobile app.

We'd like to gather further personal information through Private Message so please keep an eye on your inbox as we will send you a message there.

We'll be looking forward to communicate with you through PM!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
mar-tay512

Re: "We've made an important update" is stuck on screen

This message popped up last night. agree button and * do not work. I bought the streaming stick in good faith and now it is disabled arbitrarily. I will be forced to throw the stick away and drop Roku if some solution is not furnished to me. 

0 Kudos
Banke

I am experiencing the same thing and we can’t even sue Roku for that. Frustrating TV

0 Kudos
Banke

Worked for me

0 Kudos
Banke

Thanks so much for sharing. Using the ROKU remote app on my phone worked for me. They really need to up their game. Not buying any TV with Roku anymore.

0 Kudos